2018 CX-5 Clunking noise when accelerating

2018 CX-5 problem with large clunking noise when accelerating fast or accelerating from a standstill going uphill changed rear and front differential oil and transmission oil no metal in always good could it be some type of weird coupling in the Driveline this is annoying there is only 40,000 Mi on this car and it is treated like a baby

Yeah that's what I'm checking next it doesn't leak anything and it only has 40,000 miles that's why I wouldn't think so but I'm going to have to get it up on a lift could be cuz it seems kind of floaty when you first take off are going reverse thanks

I was about to post about a noise I hear in my car and I think is something similar to what you describe. Is the noise you hear similar to the one in this video at 00:07?

Last edited:
2018 CX-5 problem with large clunking noise when accelerating fast or accelerating from a standstill going uphill changed rear and front differential oil and transmission oil no metal in always good could it be some type of weird coupling in the Driveline this is annoying there is only 40,000 Mi on this car and it is treated like a baby
I’m with @HyFlyer that the engine mounts or transmission mounts could be the culprit. There’re 3 engine mounts as showed in this engine mount TSB for 2017 ~ 2018 CX-5.

A7E4C5BB-9A4D-45D8-8880-600E2F503F89.jpeg

Back