2017 Heads up display issue/question

I wish it had more rotation settings. On our left-hand drive car, the display still looks a tad too clockwise even when setting it on the most left/counter-clockwise setting (-3). Still awesome though.

Thanks. Spot checked a few brochures and indeed AUS/UK is showing speed limit in red circle, while US/CAN in (more boring, monchrome) white square.
The actual speed limit road sign used in the US and Canada is white square, but internationally including Australia and Europe the sign is in red circle. That's why Mazda's Active Driving Display uses different speed limit icon to match actual speed limit sign for the region. In addition, the speed limit sign in ADD is always placed on the vehicle center side depending on LHD and RHD.

US and Canada:
SH130-85_jpg_800x1000_q100.jpg

The rest of the world:
australia_110_km_speed_limit.jpg

The actual speed limit road sign used in the US and Canada is white square, but internationally including Australia and Europe the sign is in red circle. That's why Mazda's Active Driving Display uses different speed limit icon to match actual speed limit sign for the region. In addition, the speed limit sign in ADD is always placed on the vehicle center side depending on LHD and RHD.

US and Canada:
SH130-85_jpg_800x1000_q100.jpg

The rest of the world:
australia_110_km_speed_limit.jpg
So it seems it is smart enough to basically take a photo and display an almost exact copy on the active display. Pretty cool

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The actual speed limit road sign used in the US and Canada is white square, but internationally including Australia and Europe the sign is in red circle.

Thanks! Good to know Mazda is granting that colorful red circle to our Australian friends to mimic their real world road signs, and not because they're getting all the best features from Mazda all the time. LOL!

Thanks! Good to know Mazda is granting that colorful red circle to our Australian friends to mimic their real world road signs, and not because they're getting all the best features from Mazda all the time. LOL!
But I still feel Australian friends are getting ALL the best features available on CX-5 all the time! :) They even get one-touch open/close power windows with illuminated switches on all 4 windows which is not available in Japan-market CX-5!

Indeed [emoji3]

But I still feel Australian friends are getting ALL the best features available on CX-5 all the time! :) They even get one-touch open/close power windows with illuminated switches on all 4 windows which is not available in Japan-market CX-5!
Because it is the number one SUV in the country. If the CX-5 was a bit higher up in your market, you might also get rewarded.

Another example of the North America HUD display. I had the NAV active but on a 2 lane road there is no Blind Spot Monitoring shown.

Mine also has the horizontal dividing line so I guess it must be a 'feature'. My NAV is informing me I should turn onto Interstate Highway I35W headed northbound in 31 miles, the posted speed limit is 60mph, the MRCC is set to 60mph and my current vehicle speed is also 60mph.

The system does see the vehicle in front of me. I have my Distance Recognition Support System (DRSS) set to far. The vehicle ahead is either also traveling at 60mph (or more) or has not yet fallen into range of the distance I have set.

I find the HUD valuable and have it displayed 100% of the time. I'll likely never have another vehicle without it.

20170610_170424.jpg

Another example of the North America HUD display. I had the NAV active but on a 2 lane road there is no Blind Spot Monitoring shown.

Mine also has the horizontal dividing line so I guess it must be a 'feature'. My NAV is informing me I should turn onto Interstate Highway I35W headed northbound in 31 miles, the posted speed limit is 60mph, the MRCC is set to 60mph and my current vehicle speed is also 60mph.

The system does see the vehicle in front of me. I have my Distance Recognition Support System (DRSS) set to far. The vehicle ahead is either also traveling at 60mph (or more) or has not yet fallen into range of the distance I have set.

I find the HUD valuable and have it displayed 100% of the time. I'll likely never have another vehicle without it.

View attachment 216871

Because no there is no extra other lanes hence BSM won't be shown (wink)

Nice feedback, thanks :D

I saw something new today. I was driving along and the car way ahead of me was making a left-hand turn. I knew he was going to clear it, so I didn't really slow down. A big sign that said BRAKE came up in the HUD. That was a no-brainer, but I do love all the safety features.

Not related to the HUD, but I was backing out of a parking space today and a car came flying by behind me. The rear cross-traffic alert was beeping like crazy so it saved me from being hit. Again, great safety features.

I saw something new today. I was driving along and the car way ahead of me was making a left-hand turn. I knew he was going to clear it, so I didn't really slow down. A big sign that said BRAKE came up in the HUD. That was a no-brainer, but I do love all the safety features.

Not related to the HUD, but I was backing out of a parking space today and a car came flying by behind me. The rear cross-traffic alert was beeping like crazy so it saved me from being hit. Again, great safety features.

I had use of the rear cross-traffic alert feature when I went to pick up my new CX-5 at the dealer. As I put it into reverse, a pickup was passing behind me. All kinds of alerts sounded and I watched him pass in my rear view camera.

I haven't the nerve to actually 'test' the smart city braking feature yet. In my '15 CX-5, it jammed on the brakes once while a parking lot cross arm was raising.

I had use of the rear cross-traffic alert feature when I went to pick up my new CX-5 at the dealer. As I put it into reverse, a pickup was passing behind me. All kinds of alerts sounded and I watched him pass in my rear view camera.

I haven't the nerve to actually 'test' the smart city braking feature yet. In my '15 CX-5, it jammed on the brakes once while a parking lot cross arm was raising.

On occasion RCTA also picks up pedestrians walking past the rear of my 6. So should be the same on the CX-5

I think the dividing line on the HUD is just to give you a visual separation of information.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Anyone else wish the HUD would show the current gear the transmission is in?

Oh yeah! I drove the car in manual shift mode the other day and couldn't believe the gears were not on the HUD...

Outside of that, the first couple of days were great but a bit of a sensory overload... blind spot warning/distance warning/speed limit warning and then the nav on top when in use!

It's nice but I noticed that the lane keep assist on the driver side doesn't work as well as on passenger side. Anyone else notice this?

Back