2016 Mazda6 LED Grill

EvansMazda

:
2016 Mazda6 GT
Hello all,
New to the forum although not new to Mazda. I currently drive a 2014 CX5 touring and have put 47000 miles on it with no major problems. I recently put a deposit down on a 2016 mazda6 gt with tech package, but I do have a question. My dealer had no GT trims in stock and I asked about the cool new led grill lighting on the gt trim. My salesman said it was illegal in the US to have lights in the grill because it could resemble an emergency vehicle. However, I have seen various reviews and videos in which the LED lighting is shown. So to get down to it, is the led grill light available in the US market?

It's not an actual LED light in the grill, it's just a reflective lens that makes it shine at night. It does give the car a very unique presence when you see it. I believe all 2016 Mazda6 GT's will come with it.

Short answer is yes.
I got it. It is very cool.
My wife who sometimes drives in front of my '6 can see it clearly. It is very unique at nights.
Eye catching, if you will.

Since you have the car let me ask which floor mats you are using? I am deciding between the mazda ones or weather tech. Any suggestions?
I think that depends on where you live. I'm in SC where there is virtually no snow, salt , etc. I'm also not at the beach so no sand. If I lived in areas that had either I would go WeatherTech. For where I live the regular carpet mats are fine.

Well, I just took delivery of my 2016 Mazda6 GT with tech package and I can proudly say it does have the LED grill. It is an amazing car, such a vast..VAST improvement over my 2014 cx5, there really is no comparison. Mazda listens to its customers and fixes problems because this car fixed every problem I had with the cx5. Ride quality is amazing, and whisper quiet compared to the cx5. There are so many tech features I can't even list them all but most noticeable for me. My cx5 used close to 3000 rpm at 65mph..this 6 is barely touching 2000 rpm, so needless to say it is very quiet. I will post lots of pics when I get a chance.

Back