2016 front emblem w/ adaptive, also seat covers

JBadge

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (2016)
Hello all,

I'm new here, and actually signed up bc the knowledge base here seems to be great and I really want to take care of my "new" 2016 CX-5 GT!

I bought it knowing there were a few issues, and figured I could work into the purchase deal a couple of fixes. However, the dealership is 200 miles from me, so I am kind of looking into how hard it may be to do things myself.

1) Is there a preferred place (or is there an official website) for Mazda parts? I am have seen RealMazdaParts, Mazda-parts, OEMautopartz, etc. My dealer told me he would give me his manager discount, but, for example, the leather seat cushion cover price he gave me is $257, while I found it $254.65 (which I have actually seen fluctuate a few times today +- $1!).

2) The first two "big" projects I am looking at is:

a) replacing either just the driver's side (or both passenger AND driver, if it doesn't seem too hard and there seems a reason to do them together) seat cover. Through research, I have found this is called "front seat cushion trim". Or at least I THINK it is!

b) replacing the front emblem w/ adaptive cruise

Until my next post, which I am sure there will be many, my question is how difficult would either of these projects be for a rather newb? I do have confidence in my skills to figure things out, but I have never really done anything intensive with a vehicle before. Also, answering (1) would also be appreciated!

Thanks a lot and hope to get some great feedback!

P.S. I did try and search the forums for these posts first, but I don't use forums very often, so I may not be doing it optimally. For example, I used Advance Search for "replace emblem adaptive" for post topic (since the other method gave too many results). If someone can clue me in how to make best use of searching the forums for existing content, I am all ears!

Thanks again everyone!

Edit: I have looked at the manual for how to do the seat, here. But it is hard to gauge the difficulty.

Last edited:
Back