2016 CX-5 GT Tires

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT with Tech
Hi All. I am replacing my OEM tires on my 2016 GT. I run dedicated winter tires for the winter season, so I don't need that capability in my new set. I am looking mostly at the Continental Cross Contact LX25 and the Michelin Primacy Tour. I also have read that many people on here have had good luck with the General RT43. As well, Tire Rack recommends the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport. Any thoughts? Thank-you.

I'm very happy with my CX5 touring using General RT43 H. Now at ~ 20,000 miles and very good in rainy season here in FL. Ed

plenty of tire talk here:

this thread looks like you might find it informative:

Hi All. I am replacing my OEM tires on my 2016 GT. I run dedicated winter tires for the winter season, so I don't need that capability in my new set. I am looking mostly at the Continental Cross Contact LX25 and the Michelin Primacy Tour. I also have read that many people on here have had good luck with the General RT43. As well, Tire Rack recommends the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport. Any thoughts? Thank-you.
Plenty of info here:

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

I updated my worn out Toyo's on my last CX-5 to Michelin Premier LTX's and absolutely loved them. When my current Toyo's wear out these Michelin's will once again be at the top of my shopping list. My only other advice is to be careful of Pirelli. While they make a decent tire their 225/55/19 model is only H rated. Since the 19" OEM's on the GS and GT are V rated, Pirelli clearly states on the tire sticker to not go down a rating(to H) compared to what the manufacturer recommends (V). For warranty reasons only I would stay away from Pirelli's. Now, the speed rating of H tires is way more than most CX-5 drivers will every/rarely get to so for many brands that offer H rated tires only in 225/55/19 you would be fine provided the tire manufacturer doesn't have similar stipulations to the Pirelli's.

I bought the Conti CrossContact LX20 from 4wheelonline to replace my current BFG tires, and I'm very satisfied with my purchase. The CrossContact LX20's provide good traction and control. Road noise is non-existent and they respond and stop quickly. I haven't tried them in the wet though.

Back