2015 plans

I did some parade laps at road atlanta with my kids this past saturday. Does that count? My older daughter (4) kept saying to the car in front of us (audi S6) "Hurry up DUUUDE or get off the track. Only fast cars are allowed on a racetrack." It was pretty funny. She kept telling me to pass, maybe I should have.

Planning on 2 AMP and 1 RA track days for the year in the miata. I'll try to get out to a couple autocrosses as well since my wife could use some "past the limit" practice for when the tail steps out. No events planned for the 2.

I will be doing the 2 AMP events with eyeballs, but I will be in my 2. Also I will have the 6UL's on it. Probably with 225 R888's. I will be doing the Road Atlanta event as well which I am really looking forward to.

Also local autocross season is starting in early Feb. Not sure what I will be driving for that. RX7 will definitely not be ready by then so either the 2 or the Miata. Probably the 2 just to make sure the new tires clear fine.

Zach

Install and tune the new suspension and ultimately win STF at the NJ Pro Solo in May...Not just the car this time; me. If funds allow, would like to get to an HPDE event either at NJMP or back to the Glen. That really depends on how many instructor gigs I can get with Evolution, Imagine Lifestyles and DriveSafer.

Jeff

Win all the trophy magnets!
sxdoxcg.jpg

No real modification plans for the 2. Doing the Evolution school this weekend. :)

Just gotta do the brakes on the protege and fix the driverside window and she should be ready for some rallycross action!

I like goal to win all the trophy magnets.

I will be heading to Autoclub to do some B-Spec racing next weekend. I have some good data from last year, it will be interesting to see how the weight affects the car in lap times. I have a feeling it is going to be a long weekend.

-Derrick

Win all the trophy magnets!
Hidden penalty weight?

I'm giving my swapped Impreza a break for the year and autocrossing my 2. My awesome wheels are too wide for STF, but I believe the car is also technically eligible for STX(better pax than FSP). I have to be a bit of a fanatic when classing my car, since I'm usually helping class/reg/tech newcomers. I'm going to be ordering the CS shock/strut/spring kit in a couple months. This car is a DD first, and the 1 lot we have left locally is closer to a gravel rallycross. Also, I'm trying to actually keep a budget on this project, as I will need to get quite...spendy...with the impreza next winter.

I'd really like to get out to Syracuse for the Fairgrounds event this year to pit my Hoopty Impreza against my friends B5 RS4, or finally get to an HPDE (in either car). I'll also be helping with the Street Survival Schools and Auto-X noob-instruction this year.

It was a good start to the year last weekend at the SCCA Majors races as I won both of the races in B-Spec. It feels like hurry up and wait though, the next race is in march :(

Derrick

I will be doing the 2 AMP events with eyeballs, but I will be in my 2. Also I will have the 6UL's on it. Probably with 225 R888's. I will be doing the Road Atlanta event as well which I am really looking forward to.

Also local autocross season is starting in early Feb. Not sure what I will be driving for that. RX7 will definitely not be ready by then so either the 2 or the Miata. Probably the 2 just to make sure the new tires clear fine.

Zach

You should try the Dixie SCCA Tour in Adel GA

Andres

Just registered for my first national autocross! March Dixie tour in GA. Car did great last year, couple local top pax finishes. Can't wait to go!

I'll be running all NASA-x events but want to try a national SCCA event for s**** and grins if I can sign up for Wilmington in time. IIRC last year it sold out in under 5 min (dunno)

I'm pretty psyched for this season, just found out that a corvette club will be running 4 events out of an old Kart track this year. I'll probably use the mazda for 3 of them, but will need to use 1 to shake down the Subaru with the new coilovers before the big fairgrounds auto-x in June.

I'm pretty psyched for this season, just found out that a corvette club will be running 4 events out of an old Kart track this year. I'll probably use the mazda for 3 of them, but will need to use 1 to shake down the Subaru with the new coilovers before the big fairgrounds auto-x in June.

Should be fun having one of the smallest street cars on a Kart track...

Back