2015 CX-5 Weak Seat Heater Issue

I have searched the forum a bit, but have not found a satysfa answer, so… I have a new to me 2015 CX-5 GT with leather seats. The driver’s seat heater works, but goes about it’s business in a strange way. The seat cushion doesn’t seem to heat up, but the lumbar part gets too hot even in the lowest position. I end up only using the lowest position and than turning it off when the lumbar gets too hot… I looked underneath the seat, but everything seems fine and nothing seems disconnected. I sat in the passenger side yesterday and, albeit slower overall, both cushions heat evenly.

Anyone else experiencing the same dilemma?

Same with my ‘14. Almost non-existent heat. Dealer replaced them under warranty and there was zero improvement. My solution was to switch to Eddie Bauer insulated Guide Pro pants 4 months out of the year. Seriously, those pants were the only reason I kept that car for as long as I did.

Last edited:
That‘s unfortunate to hear. My car is out of warranty at this point so I don’t know if I could attempt getting it fixed for free at a dealership with the existing TSB.

That‘s unfortunate to hear. My car is out of warranty at this point so I don’t know if I could attempt getting it fixed for free at a dealership with the existing TSB.
Looks like the heating elements on driver’s seating surface either too weak (due to inconsistent quality) or partially broken. Not much you can do for a 7-year-old CX-5 as Mazda North American Operations won’t help you based on some TSBs. Even if you’re willing to spend money replacing those heating elements with leather seat cover, it’s still a hit-and-miss replacement (see post #3 above). You’d have the same risk getting a used driver seat from salvage yard.

Mine died...again. Driver's side seat cushion. Was replaced under warranty 2 years ago and dead again. You really don't appreciate them unless you have them on a fifteen degree day. I think the wiring breaks in the cushion from all the getting in and out over the course of a year. Oviously the TSB didn't do anything in my case. When they work it really can roast you. I'll probably get them looked at before the extended warranty runs out. That and my NAV unit quit also.

Back