2015 CX-5 Brake noise - replaced again

I could use some help here.
I have replaced my brakes and rotors twice in the last year and half and they continue to sound the same.
When I use my brakes there's a loud noise that sounds like rubbing maybe? It's hard to explain.
The first garage I went to two years ago, after I complained said there was a defect in something and they replaced it for free.
When I brought it to a second garage last year they told me it was melted, like i had been going down a mountain and kept the brake on for a long time (which of course I hadn't but he was trying to explain it to me) He told me when it gets like that it's from overheating and then it's actually warped.
Well anyway, for about 6 months now it's been the same noise. I will probably bring it back to this last guy but has anyone else had this issue? It's a Mazda CX-5 2015. It feels like there should be a recall or something if this keeps happening. It's so so expensive!
Thank you for any thoughts!

Brakes. Sounds like a master cylinder not releasing and over heating the rotors.
Find a better mechanic.

Bummer! Brake pad wear is so subjective to driving habits it's not a warranty issue in most cases.

Not all brake pads and rotors are equal. If you are not informed and discuss brake pad options, then you will more than likely get the econo pads and rotors. The shop wants to sell the job and know most customers just want a cheap price. I've seen dealerships have two grades of pads on another car. They stocked ECONO pads. I gave them a part number for the OE pad that came on the truck to order.

Looking on RockAuto, front brake pads range from $14 to $54 a set. If you got the $14 pads, then they won't last and more importantly don't stop as well. I'm often puzzled that folks buy brakes on PRICE, an item that fails could be fatal.

Do some searches on Amazon on brake pad reviews. I've already picked out a set of PowerStop drilled and slotted front rotors for our 24 CX-5. We live in a hilly area and warp standard rotors.

Mazda doesn't have as many brake pad options than say a Honda. I'll buy a PREMIUM PowerStop pad as well. You will notice PowerStop has several grade of brake pads.

Another option, buy your parts from someone like RockAuto and have a shop install them. IF you buy auto parts from Amazon, check the part numbers to RockAuto to be sure they are correct. Amazon auto parts is sometimes sketchy.

THEN you know what they put on the car. RockAuto has a complete rotor and pad kit or individual parts. If you are having premature brake wear and didn't get premium parts, consider them this time.

Brakes are quiet simple devices made to service easily. In the time it takes to take my car to a shop, return home, I can replace the pads and rotors. Bleeding the brakes is equally easy and a good thing to do when replacing pads. There are YouTube videos out there how to do it. The investment in a floor jack, jack stands and tools will be about what you will pay a shop. Then you have your tools.

I got into doing my own work after seeing how a guy messed up my belly pan changing the oil. That led me to rotating my on tires, then brakes and so on. I like to stretch my skill sets and learn how to do more.

Like hand washing the car, doing some minor work, oil change, brakes, I get to see issues before they get out of hand.

Best of luck!

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor+&+brake+pad+kit,13824

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back