2014 Mazda3 Radio Issues

jonko35

:
2014 Mazda3 i Grand Touring
Good Morning.

For those of you who drive a 2014 Mazda 3 or even a new model Mazda, are you guys having trouble with the radio?

The music on the radio sounds fine one minute and then sounds like the speakers are playing underwater the next.

The dealership is saying that it's caused by switching off from satellite radio to analog or something.

Anyone having similar problems?

- Jonathan

Sometimes I feel that as if it's happening, but it goes away and usually doesn't come back. I assumed it had to do with radio signal quality if anything.

It is the HD-radio in my case.
It fades in and out.
It depends on the reception.
My CX9 has no HD-ratio. Same area, not issue at all.

Finding radio reception relatively poor. Stations don't seem to have the same range. Though this time of year it could be the ionosphere.

I commute 140 miles (round trip) on a daily basis so I tend to know the usual fade points of my stations.

Also notice the reception goes down when I am stopped at a traffic light.

Turn off hd radio. It's a common problem with BMW . They broad cast hd diffrent. Sotry that and see if it fixes the audio

Good Morning.

For those of you who drive a 2014 Mazda 3 or even a new model Mazda, are you guys having trouble with the radio?

The music on the radio sounds fine one minute and then sounds like the speakers are playing underwater the next.

The dealership is saying that it's caused by switching off from satellite radio to analog or something.

Anyone having similar problems?

- Jonathan

Yes it is a common problem with the FM Tuner constantly searching for a better signal!
It sounds like it is tiny highs in the song and then all lows and goes back and forth.
My car and others in Canada were fixed by having new Stereo Tuners installed and so far has fixed the problem.

I verified that. It is not the HD-radio. I turned it off, and it still did it (seems like switching from stereo to mono and back).
I will ask for a new stereo tuner at next service.
Thanks, guys.
Is there a TSB to refer to?

Does anyone know why XM Radio does not display the album art? The album art displays when I use Pandora or HD radio but not with XM. Seems odd. Is this just me or is this normal?

Back