2013 Mazda Cx-5 - wrecked /bent frame?

regardless of lessons learned, glad your daughter is fine. Money is just money, but a life can never be replaced.

Good to hear she is safe. We had 3 young accident victims at our mortuary last wk.

It may not make any difference BUT I think the Mazda CX5 has a unibody and NOT a frame. That may make it easier or not easier to fix. Do not know.

That sucks.

If you have the option to total the car, just total it and get another one. Suspension damage is often difficult to repair 100% back to normal. not uncommon to have creeky noises, alignment issues, etc down the line.

With only 3000 miles on the odometer, you don't think that you'll get close to what you paid for it?

The insurance company is going to pay the bare minimum, if they totalled it and give your daughter the full payoff amount of what the finance company says it is I'd be surprised.

GAP insurance is a must have , have it on my CX5 and Harley, not taking any chances on the estimator saying this is it and all we're going to pay you. I've never seen it happen locally but the horror stories are enough.
CYA

Guessing is done. Been a week, what did insurance company decide?

Guessing is done. Been a week, what did insurance company decide?

Yes, initial quote is only $4800! what a relief!, but that is before the repairs were started. I asked about the steering issue and He said he would know more once he "got into" the car. I asked about the unibody and he said it was damaged but not bent?, but they would replace the quarter panel and it would not have any structural issues going forward.

Our deductible is $1000 so that is our total out of pocket expense. The repair center will "warranty" the repairs for the time we own the car.

Yes, initial quote is only $4800! what a relief!, but that is before the repairs were started. I asked about the steering issue and He said he would know more once he "got into" the car. I asked about the unibody and he said it was damaged but not bent?, but they would replace the quarter panel and it would not have any structural issues going forward.

Our deductible is $1000 so that is our total out of pocket expense. The repair center will "warranty" the repairs for the time we own the car.

Yes, just as I thought, not totaled. Based on mention of your payment "out of pocket" of $1000 deductible, I'm thinking the other garbage truck driver was not at fault.

Last edited:
You did take this to a Mazda repair center I'm taking it? 4800.00 I know with GEICO if it hits 5 grand its totalled and you've just begun on the repairs if the repair center finds more and reports it to the insurance company you could end up with a totalled vehicle. Unibody damaged but could be fixed, is this going to be a vehicle that looks like its going straight inside but out the body is pointing in a different direction ?

Are you going to sue the other guy? Recoup at a minimum the 1000 deductible?

Good Luck

We filed with our insurance originally because the trash company didn't provide any insurance information to us at the scene. We didn't provide any information to them either. The police handle it all and said we could get a report later. I called our insurance company to report the accident and yes, they are going after the trash truck driver and company. Right now, we have to pay the $1000 deductible. We hope to recoup that cost once it is investigated.

The car is being repaired at a collision center which was partners with the insurance company. All repairs are warrantied for the time that we own the vehicle.

Sounds like Allstate and it's Sterling body shop chain.

I assume CX-5 is now fixed and running good. What did police report say?

Back