2003.5_MSP build thread

yeah, that's how mine is. TB > MAF > BOV. here's my setup. the bov is kind of covered by the piping

i-KLLCDxQ-XL.jpg

Alright guys coilovers are installed, I will have to go take some pictures now... I also just ordered my FMIC piping kit (i already have my core/BOV) https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
and this for my BOV https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
So now my question is how does the maf relocation go? is it TB-MAF-BOV or what thanks

yes ^^^^ .... just make sure the maf is at least 6 inches away from the TB and the BOV when you measure and route your piping

Well it's been awhile since I posted, been busy working on the car repairing rust/undercoating. Anywat here are some images of the slowly progressing process.
Prepping for the undercoating process
20161106_123610_zpsfvubdglm.jpg

20161106_142214_zpsst37kguk.jpg

Getting new panels mocked up
20170219_103855_zpsaza0eyxr.jpg

All mocked up
2756_zpsxyv0uyki.jpeg

Spot welded on
20170529_093018_zpszdrnpvxb.jpg

And that's it for now.

Great Job on the car!! Looks great! CLEAN MSP........ That's exactly what I should do to my MSP and MP3 to prevent from rusting since I live here in Palm Beach, FL.

Last edited:
Thanks, it's an ongoing process that seems to never end. I didn't know Florida was bad area for rusting, love the kbs coatings though.

Thanks, it's an ongoing process that seems to never end. I didn't know Florida was bad area for rusting, love the kbs coatings though.

Probably not as much as the north with the salt on the roads during the winter but we do get a bit of rust down here. Specially for those of us who live where salt is present. I live about 3 miles from beach so that salt in the air from the ocean breeze is what rusts the cars. Try to wash the car every now and then but rust pops up in hidden places where you normally don't tend to wash or clean. Such as door hinges, hood hinges, inside trunk lid area.

But man we have got to applaud you for the hard work and dedication you have put into the MSP. Many would've just gave up and parted the car. What you have done is inspirational. We would all like to know how the finish product comes out. I am sure it will look great again. Keep up the phenomenal work.

Back