2002 Protege5 Transmission problems

Recently purchased a 2002 Protege5, it has about 180,000 miles. Its been having a transmission slipping problem though. O/D light is blinking and ABS light is just on. I replaced the transmission speed sensor on the top of the transmission next to the motor mount but it seems nothing has changed. Also scanned the OBDII with no codes showing up. Very confused and need help figuring out how to fix this. Only have pretty basic knowledge on cars but enough to be able to confidently replace what i need to. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Well I'm going to keep this thread alive because my 2002 P5, 136K miles just started doing the delayed engagement into drive from cold start thing and sometimes O/D light flashing while it's doing that. When that happens it revs and is underpowered and when I stop I can put it in park and then back to drive where I'll feel a noticeable shift change this time and off it goes fine. I also scanned and no ODBII codes (i bought a scanner for the Forscan app). I've had the transmission fluid changed (not flushed) but the shop didn't want to open the transmission pan to get to the filter which may be next for me. According to this video, 2000 Mazda Protege: Changing the Shift Solenoid , he takes off the pan, replaces the filter and the available solenoids and replaces the pan gasket. Good luck and wish me good luck but at this point, my mechanic says its just "morning sickness". After it starts driving, no issues.

Upvote 0
Back