2002 Protege Automatic to Manual Conversion

Hello All,

I have recently found a full donor car at a local pick a part and was able to obtain the items listed below. This thread is not asking how hard this will be, or what will it cost, as I am going full force ahead with this and buying a manual protege is not an option for me. My current car was my grandparents and it has sentimental value to me that I would rather not give away, but wouldn't mind the fun factor of a manual.

Now that my intro is done, my question is this.....What else do I need? My question is directed more towards people who have ACTUALLY COMPLETED THIS SWAP as I found many threads already where there is A LOT of guessing. I don't mean to be so straight forward, but I'm trying to eliminate any unnecessary comments. All help is appreciated!!

Currently Acquired Parts List:
-Flywheel
-Transmission
-Brake Pedal Assembly
-Clutch Pedal Assembly
-Trans/Engine Mounts (May replace these for new)
-Intermediate Shaft
-Brake/Clutch Master cylinder
-Clutch Slave Cylinder
-Shifter and Solid Linkage
-Shifter Boot
-Shifter Bezel (not sure if needed, but it was $2)
-Manual ECU

Parts I think I need
-Manual Engine harness? If this is true, is it the entire engine harness or is it just a portion of the harness?
-Both CV shafts (Going new)
-Clutch (Going new)

This donor car literally had everything. All of this was purchased for $240!!! I really appreciate any help that can be provided.

Please let me know if your speedometer is functional.

I make the swap and I get everything to work but the Speedometer do not work at all !!

If you make it to work please tell me what you do !!!

I haven't dug I to it yet. Still getting parts. I'll let you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll put more details in my build thread, but I eventually swapped everything out and I have no CEL or brake lights. I swapped out ABS, but I'm planning on splicing the ABS from the atx harness into the manual harness on the car.

I'll put more details in my build thread, but I eventually swapped everything out and I have no CEL or brake lights. I swapped out ABS, but I'm planning on splicing the ABS from the atx harness into the manual harness on the car.

I'm interested as well as to how everything went!

Back