2.0 same as probe

OK, here's the deal, the Probe's 2.0 and 2.5 were both fully Mazda-designed engines. Ford brought those engines to the Probe under their badge only. The Probes were built in Flat Rock, Michigan at a Ford plant (which also produces some Mazdas ie. MX6, at least back when the Probe was still around. Not sure about now). This may involve just assembling the Japanese engine's parts, or maybe even producing all the parts and assembling as well.

The FS engine we have in our cars is almost the same design as the Probe 2.0 engine (though there's slight differences in shape and stuff as it evolved over the years), but our car was designed, produced, assembled, and whatever else in a plant in Japan. Fully assembled, they were shipped over to our shores.

I live in Vancouver, Canada, and it was wonderful to watch several hundred of those beauties sitting at the 'holding' facility after being brought from the docks, waiting to be unleashed on us hehe...

Oh, and something to note: maybe the difference in locales for assembly of the car made the difference in the quality 'feel' of the car....my Probe was full of rattles and loose panels...the door closing sound was rather loud and hollow, and reliability was low, while the MP3 (although a cheaper priced car than the Probe GT) feels much more solid and well built.

No disrespect intended for American built cars or anything, but Ford really skimped on quality, while Mazda has done pretty well so far, in my opinion. I'm all for North American home grown products and supporting our own economy etc. Before my Probe, I drove a 'Stang (Again, shake, rattle, and roll). But I think the North American manufacturers really should learn something from the Japanese (and Euros) in this aspect. At least in the case of the Probe vs MP3 issue.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic...

The 2.0 liter in the Focus does resmeble the 2.0 liter in the Protege, which is why I originally thought that maybe the Focus supercharger would work. But as I looked more closely they are completely different. The 2.0 liter in the Mazda is a distibutorless ignition system, huge difference, and that's only the beginning.

And I didn't intend to be sarcastic or anything in my last post, just adding to the info...Sorry if it comes across that way.

Game:
Everyone here is either stating their knowledge or asking questions.. that is why most of us are here.. to learn. We are NOT here to listen to people cuss and degrade each other because they may have made a mistake spelling or someone might have misinterpreted what company makes what. It's childish. If you disagree with someone.. fine, state your opinion or what you know. Otherwise, leave because you aren't helping by making people mad.

hey ben
who let game join this site ... GAME i will let you in a little secret your Mazda 2.0 is the exact same block that is in the 93-97 4 cylnder probes .. those would be the base and SE modles... now i dont know if it is the same the focu mentiond above .. but i know the block ... and yes Ford vehicles have mazda engines in them .. find a 89 probe turbo GT and take a screwdriver and unscrew the ford name plate on the intake.. oh whats that say underneath ... "Mazda"

Back