2.0 same as probe

call me stupid if you would, but isn't the MP3 engine the same as the 2.0 in the ford probe, i only ask this cause I drive a 93 probe gt and have info on where to get turbos for the 2.0.

I had no idea ford / mazda had the same engine? I know that our engine is japanese, so that would mean ford uses japanese engines. Can someone confirm this.

Yes Enry, Ford and Mazda are the same company, kinda like Mitsubishi and Dodge/Plymouth/Eagle used to be. I know for sure that the probe and the MX6 use the exact same engine, not sure about the MP3 though. And on a side note, I read an article in a car magazine a long time ago and they said that getting HP out of a Probe/MX6 engine was very hard. They added a few bolt ons and it barely raised the HP, but I really don'y know that much about those engines.

Ford also makes Jaguar, Aston Martin, Volvo, Mercury, Lincold, and Land Rover hehe.

Your knowledge about this issue is pathetic. The only reason that I am educating you is because ignorance is catching. Some dumb **** will read this and believe it.

Ford and Mazda are NOT the same ******* company you dumbass! The Ford Corporation owns a controlling share in Mazda. It went for Chrysler too they owned 51% of Mitsubishi. That is why you had the same engines in the Eclipse as you did in the Straus and others. They were Mitsubishi engines.

Also, Ford does not “make” Jaguar. They own the company. It is way different than making them.

Ford does make LINCOLN not Lincold.

Dude I cannot believe someone so fucken ignorant about an issue would try and inform someone else. What a joke.

..And about the engine... the Ford Probe GT and Mazda MX-6 Mystere got a 2.5 L engine 24V developping 164HP ...

the 2.0 is maybe in the base model but not in the GT ..i had one for a years back then

**** you Game, you can suck my ******* cock. I never claimed to be an expert on the subject. It doesn't matter if Ford owns anything or not, point of the thread was that Mazda and Ford use the same engines in some cars. And I am so sorry that I don't "proof read" my ******* posts to make sure I don't mistype anything. If you wanna play that game, it is STRATUS, not Straus you dumb s***, make sure your posts are gramatically correct before you go flaming others, faggot. Hey Enry, how bout laying the moderator smack down on this idiot, I was simply trying to explain something and he has to come in and start flaming me and s***.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: NC_MP3 ]

You were not just simply explaining something you Dick! You had a case of ignorant mouth diarrhea. You said things as if they were fact when you were way off. There is a HUGE difference between a car company owning another and actually making the car. HUGE fucken differences just ask the people at Jaguar. They want nothing to do with the Ford name. You are just pissed because you are ignorant and stupid. You and the rest of us know that there is no hope for you.

Next time you get the urge to post DON’T!!

LOL :D
seems like white trash living of the government have a lot of free time to keep bashing our nice mp3 boards.... man, when are you going to give up? we dont care about your trash or your soon to be discontinued v8

Hi Jesse how is UTA treating you? Do you like that school all right? I hear there are quite a few assholes in the area. Anyway what is your major?

what about TCU? :D
man, no offense, but if you had such a great car you shouldnt be wasting your time in this boards, we bought our cars for the same reason you bought yours: we like it. so, respect the fact that individuals have different tastes, and learn to live with it.

Game,

I've thought about your behavior and came up with possible explanations.

a) you have mental problems
b) you have a problem with import cars and people driving them, a problem so severe that it clouds your mind and prevents you from seeing that not everyone driving an import car fits whatever stereotype you may have conveniently crafted
c) you have nothing better to do than trash import car drivers cause you think it's fun

Now, since retards are usually not the ones who open their dick garage to talk trash, I will assume you are b) or c), in which case I will not let you use this board as a means to vent your twisted frustration with respect to import cars. I'm afraid you will have to find another way.

(User's subnet has been added to the ban list)

<Flame suit on>

Enry,

How can you ban a whole subnet? By doing that innocent people could be banned from this site. Also, I am not familiar with this game but he was not ripping imports in this post. I am not saying that cursing on this site is ok but others do it. He was graphically explaining the truth to some people. Cursing maybe his way of expressing himself.

Anyway gotta do what you gotta do.

LOL, back to the original topic, yep the Ford Probes and Mazda MX6 use the same engines. The GT (which I drove for some 6 or 7 years) has the 2.5 L V6, called the KL-ZE (I might be mistaken) in Japan, and the 2.0 L found in regular Probes are supposed to be a lower compression (and slightly more dated, of course) version of the FS that we have in the MP3.

And yes, it was very difficult to make power in the Probe GT engine, at least. I went bolt-on crazy for a while, and to be honest, I barely felt any difference. For one, it was a heavier car than the MP3 (slightly), and two, it had wider rubber (stock 225 50 16, I had 235 45 17 on Momo Arrows). Maybe there were some horses, but it was hard to feel it.

Bad thing is, there were serious durability issues with the V6 engine, and that's why I got the MP3 now. Good thing is, the I4 didn't have those same issues (at least that I know of).

oh no, it's a "gentle" ban, only for posting. when the user tries to post it says the ip is banned. and as always people can contact thea admins of the site if it is inconveniencing them. but seriously though, it's a /24 (256 addresses), and I doubt many people from ernst & young within that address block will be browsing our site from their office.

would you have a better idea? how do you handle a situation in a civilized manner when the other party may not want to behave civilized? answer that and you might be able to reason with terrorists.

Thanks Enry. SuperMP3, it doesn't matter if he was ripping imports or not, I in no way started a fight or anything with anyone, if he wanted to point out the fact that I was wrong he coulda done so in a civilized manner, not by flaming me. If he had simply said I was wrong, I woulda said, damn, I didn't know that, guess your right. But he is a dick and deserved to be banned.

Good job Enry, will leave room for decent people to post about MP3's.

Thank you enry- this is a great board without the trite, cliched bickering of I4 v. V8. As per the engine: So the engine is a Ford motor? Or the Probe had the same Japanese engine that our car has now? Either way, I'm worried because the more links to the 4cyl probe the worse- Consumer Reports rates the probes pretty badly for reliability.

Rest assured the motor in the MP3 is wholy designed by Mazda...It has nothing to with the Ford 2.0 liter in the Focus, and is loosely based on the FS engine from the old Probe.

And what ever controlling interest Ford has in Mazda, the turcks are the same and the new Mazda 6/Atenza is supposed have the Ford Duratec V6.

And Ford has to give Land Rover back to BMW sometime in 2003, I think. Oh and the Escape/Tribute is based off the new small Land Rover SUV, or vice versa. But that's only becuase Ford owns Land Rover, for now...

Lets try it this way. First Ford and Mazda have a different relationship than most. Ford does not own Mazda 100% but they work very closely together, as you can see by the trucks. I do believe that the 2.0 in your cars highly resemble that in the Focus. I am not familiar with the FS 2.0 on the probe so I do not know how it relates to the others.

I did nothing more than you folks did to me when I would try and post civilly about different topics I was just trying to return the favor. I think it is pretty sorry that some prick finds it necessary to drop some insults off before he tries to ban someone. You are just pissed at me because I am on the other side and not because I am doing anything wrong. If you do not allow cursing on your board make it a rule and enforce it to everyone not just one person.

Back