1996 Mazda Lantis

FreedomFries

:
1996 Mazda Lantis
firstly i don't know whether this thread will lead anywhere with a substantial conclusion but i will create it anyway.

this is my 1996 mazda lantis originally in midnight blue but with blazblue plastidip, three coats. so the plastidip didn't work out too well as you can see because in the picture provided i have made a start on removing it. the blue is too bright for my liking, and i was expecting a much darker blue, like a navy blue with gloss. the car suits blue and a few other colours imo.

the car is all original except for some imitation leather seat covers, steering wheel cover and a minor performance modification.

my plan is to spruce it up inside and out and go for mainly a statesman build - meaning an elegant exclusive colour on the outside, meaning permanent leather seats, leather steering wheel and entertainment system. i have a toyota, a camry, and the gracia, 1998, but despite the car being so popular around the world i have come to dislike them regardless of which model. this mazda emblem means eternal flame or in other words eternity, longevity, undying. lantis happens to be latin, like gracia. the mazda lantis was in actual fact designed partly by porsche.

s4sv1f.jpg

i read a lot of that off of wikipedia so there is a possibility it could have been edited with lies by a troll. i have always liked the lantis because of the cars sleek design and i bought mine in november 2013.

Looks like a chevy lumina to me..

chevy... hmmm... holden lumina?

Commodore Lumina: debuted in June 2007 with a luxury theme including the Berlina grille and the original Calais V seven-spoke alloy wheels. Specified identically to the V-Series with exception to the rear spoiler, the Lumina saw the addition of rear parking sensors and Bluetooth connectivity.

when the lumina actually debuted earlier than june 2007 i have seen the holden commodore been badged with lumina with my own two eyes earlier than that.

well, op, maybe the headlights, but not the build. the lantis is supposed to be a coupe not a sedan, but it does have four doors. that example is higher off the ground and tubby when my lantis has that sleekness in the body. i have seen the latest maserati four door and the headlights are similar to my lantis too. i reiterate, the headlights yes, but not the build.

the 2001 toyota celica would be a better comparison.

To be honest, that car looks pretty mediocre in styling.. even for it's year

To be honest, that car looks pretty mediocre in styling.. even for it's year

hmmm... i am going to have to kindly disagree! the mondeo of that year is more mediocre. you'll see, when it is lowered with racing profile tires on it and a picture of the finished build from the rear that might change your perception.

And it's RHD, I want to have a nice car with RHD to cruise around Cleveland!!!

And it's RHD, I want to have a nice car with RHD to cruise around Cleveland!!!

well in the picture you can see i have also a 1998 renault megane rxe. now, that car shouldn't really be there there most probably should be a 2007 mazda demio there in white or silver. as for the lantis, as luck would have it, i was able to find one at a car auction and just bought it outright i have wanted a lantis for a while because of their shape. furthermore, as for the blue, it is plastidip. on the plastidip colour chart it shows that blue is more darker than it really is once it has dried on the car. i wanted a navy blue not a bright blue and now because of plastidip i have to remove all the work i have done (it is six coats) and leave it how it was originally or get the original paintjob re-done.

it is a car, if the boot is round on the end i think it adds prestige. i wasn't really aware that cars with square ends are for closet gays.

so i managed to get most of the blue blaze plastidip off the bonnet. the rest of the car except a bit off the boot has to be removed. my father says he will pay for the original paint job to be re-painted, which also happens to be a blue, then i want to buy wheels for it with racing profile tires. i want to lower the body and maybe buy a new stereo too.

i thought today i could even put twin mufflers on it just like the new mazda's.

Attachments

• WP_20150302_001[1].jpg
    WP_20150302_001[1].jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 180
well, winter has come suddenly and it is much more colder. i have another car, a french renault megane rxe 1998 and i had big plans, but there is one critical problem that i don't think i can live with anymore - the car has been wired and rigged with extremely dangerous modified parts by the previous owners who are actually very dangerous people considering they are students and so young. somehow, every time i take the car to an auto-electrician to check the wiring or to check to see whether the vehicle has been rigged when it so obviously has - they say they have checked but my problems continue. basically, it is a matter for the police.

as for my mazda, all of the blue blaze plastidip will be removed, and i will also attempt a second time for my full drivers license - all by this time next week. i also had big plans for the mazda too, but the probability is it will never happen as long as i am the owner.

i have decided however, given the renault is really a lemon, that it will be the mazda i use to take on the town after it has come out of the shop.

then given i meet the love of my life after so long, they will both probably be sold probably for a pittance to make money.

but it might not be the last you hear from me in the end! because my burning desire is to stay with mazda and own a 2. if not a 2, then maybe a peugeot 206 or a honda fit, either one from japan.

i like small cars - about as big and also statesman as it gets for me is maybe a ford mondeo, opel vectra or if i really wanted to go over the top, an audi a6. the latter in fact being the only v6 i want out of all of them. the rest are small time.

look out for my picture coming soon! my 1996 mazda lantis will be back complete in midnight blue! then it will be goodbye until i either decide to come back or not with a 2.

Back