16.5 CX-5 - service cover hardware for oil change

joh

:
Mazda CX-5 Granda Touring
My last oil change shop didn't replace the plastic service cover that conceals the oil pan and filter properly. This cover is supposed to be held into place by two bolts and a push-in fastener (don't know what this is called). The shop only used one bolt, so I'm in need of another bolt and the push in fastener. I am also in need of the "nut" that the bolt screws into (this "nut" is like a clip with a threaded hole). Does anyone know the part numbers for these items? Any help appreciated.

Those hardware missing on your CX-5 can be easily to get from parts department of your Mazda dealer. And they should be cheap too.

Dealer will have a picture and part number, but, why not get the oil change place to get them since they messed up? Ed

My last oil change shop didn't replace the plastic service cover that conceals the oil pan and filter properly. This cover is supposed to be held into place by two bolts and a push-in fastener (don't know what this is called). The shop only used one bolt, so I'm in need of another bolt and the push in fastener. I am also in need of the "nut" that the bolt screws into (this "nut" is like a clip with a threaded hole). Does anyone know the part numbers for these items? Any help appreciated.

Was that a quick oil change place? They're notorious for pulling crap like that.

I would stop using that place. If they only put on screw without the cover who knows what they did with the filter and the oil. They are lazy or careless or both.

I get those fasteners and clipsandfasteners.com. They're about $3.00 each from the dealer. I got a box of 25 for around $11.00. The same fastener is used in multiple places. They have drawings of each fastener.

Why let shops get away with that stuff. Go back and demand to have them replace the cover correctly or pay for a new one. Ed

Why let shops get away with that stuff. Go back and demand to have them replace the cover correctly or pay for a new one. Ed

I agree with this.

No need to be nasty with them (at first), but the cost of their bad behaviour belongs with them, not you.

Dollar amount is not the issue.
Accountability is.

Back