10 psi DD?!?!

I said i didn't understand why you would bother with a standalone on a stock motor, before you had another built motor on hand. Logically, it would make sense to address the weaknesses of the car before trying to make more power. (Yes, i realize that the factory tune on these things suck.)

The bolded part should show you that you should leave it alone until you have a backup built motor on hand. An idiot like me can get away with doing dumb stuff to my daily driver, because i have four backup cars. Modding your only car that has multiple widely-known weaknesses without FIRST accumulating a "plan B" motor isn't the most logical way to go.

Basically what i'm trying to say is do it right, or just don't do it. But at the end of the day, it's your car, your wallet, do what fits what you want the best. I'm only here giving an opinion based on experience, which may or may not help you avoid a tough situation. :)

Good luck! :D

I wasnt trying to be an a$$ or nothing to you i was just saying. i know the problems i face with this car i know the weaknesses. my qusestion was just based on others experience. some have ran 12 psi fine for a long time others prefer to keep it under 10 psi. i wanted experience based people who have succesfully ran 9 or 10 psi and there info on it such as what mods, etc. i do take the chance of blowing the motor by messing with it but like i said im trying to do that in the best way possible. it would be logical to have a plan b motor lined up but im a full time college student working 2 part time jobs just for this car. i agreed, msp owners should build first if there lookin to gain a substantial amount of power but there are others who have not and have gained reasonable power on the stock motor and stock turbo.

oh also... i just thought it would be cool to share... the creative performance turbo kit for the protege made 246whp on 8spi running a t3/t4.
the power can be made, you just have to do some homework and save some pennies.

oh also... i just thought it would be cool to share... the creative performance turbo kit for the protege made 246whp on 8spi running a t3/t4.
the power can be made, you just have to do some homework and save some pennies.

the thing isnt how much power it made. its for how long.

Back