08 MS3 Headlight went out

goob_os101

:
08 MS3
The other day my passenger side headlight started to flicker and now is out for good. Anyone have this issue before? I do have a warranty, but weighing options for HIDs...

The other day my passenger side headlight started to flicker and now is out for good. Anyone have this issue before? I do have a warranty, but weighing options for HIDs...

I am fairly certain you are the only person who has ever had a headlight bulb go out. I have never heard of such a failure and often wondered why even walmart carries bulbs.

Headlights go out all the time. You probably could try to get a warranty claim if the car is still within the mileage/year limit but service manager might just laugh. If you have a Sport the light will set you back a grand total of $7. If it's a GT model someone else will have to give you an idea of how much those bulbs cost and what the install is like.

To replace the bulb in a sport model is a 2 minute install.

I am fairly certain you are the only person who has ever had a headlight bulb go out. I have never heard of such a failure and often wondered why even walmart carries bulbs.

Your are so funny. When are you going to go on tour? Do you have your stand up on youtube?

I am trying to figure out why you made such a HELLAFLUSH comment like this. Guess that's the hipster thing to do? You owned me bro! Epic slam! Mazdaspeeds 4 life Brotato!

My concern was not the light itself going out but the flickering. Just wondering if it was a wiring issues or these bulbs go out like that. I have never had one go out like this before But thanks for you smarta$$ comments. Glad I fought for your freedom of speech.

you leave the most hellaepic comments:

Those are sick!

not really. Perhaps you can also get some bullet-hole stickers, fake vents, and a stick-on hood scoop. Then put your name on the back window in calligraphy

I would recommend lube, as you will be taking this in the tailpipe.

Full of WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh please don't be pullin that card....save it for applebees next vets day

I don't go to those free food for Vets...I go to my grandfathers grave with my family at the national cemetery.

Back on topic: The headlight came on for about 2min this morning then flickered out again.

Dude, check the connection. Maybe take it out, clean up all the points of connection, maybe put in some dielectric grease. See what happens.

boo ******* hoo grow a sack OP

since you're soo worried about it take it to the ******* dealer

/thread

boo ******* hoo grow a sack OP

since you're soo worried about it take it to the ******* dealer

/thread

Seriously. Guy can't take a joke when his original post was
The other day my passenger side headlight started to flicker and now is out for good. Anyone have this issue before?

Your headlight went out and you asked if anyone had experienced that before...
I am sure people are really helpful when the extent of your explanation is that your headlight went out. Surely you know how common this can be but perhaps if you elaborated and explained that it seems to be more than that then you wouldn't get harassed for such a basic question.

Your not the only vet here either. Perhaps it's time to sell your Mazda and buy a Chevy with all the stereotypical pride you are trying to ooze out.

You're introducing so many pieces of information here that no one really knows what you want out of it, hence assholesque comments

I'm gathering that:
A) you want the problem solved by us
B) you want the problem solved by the dealer, else you would not have mentioned warranty
C) you don't want it fixed so you can get HID lamps

Every bit of that is contradictory

I'm assuming from your latest post that you tried putting in a new bulb and the same thing occured. Maybe you have a short somewhere in the circuit

If you're under warranty let the dealer worry about it. If you have a multimeter have fun checking everything out. If you have eyeballs check the connections for corrosion

A.) I actually asked if anyone had the flicker issue
B.) Stated I have a warranty
C.) I am weighing options for HIDs, but warranty most likely won't cover the flickering issue once installed (assuming the flicker is not caused by a failing bulb)

I did not switch out bulbs yet. The same bulb came back on then flickered out again.

Goob,

If you have a Sport, then the filament inside the bulb is going bad and that's why it flickers...
If you have a GT then your ballast is starting to crap out.

Back