Now with the CX-70 "revealed", what is everyone buying?

It also must be said that if one turns over vehicles a lot, reliability is less a factor. We don't often keep past 5 yrs, and with one of us having significant WFH, there's flexibility should something go wrong. So reliability is preferred, but I will look at other things over it.

Very diff if someone is a one car household and does 30k miles a yr.

Good point. I think most cars, regardless of the brand will be reliable enough for the first 5 years. Really that is only 2 years « at risk » out of warranty and for most the powertrain is still covered for the full 5 years.

I keep mine for about 10 years of age, so hoping to reduce costs in years 7-10. Thing with reliability of course is that you try to predict it based on the past, and it is no guarantee of the current model.

You will be relieved to find out that the photo of my X5 is just a representation for the Track My BMW site. The actual wheel I choose is the BMW 20" M STAR-SPOKE BI-COLOR WHEELS, STYLE 740M WITH ALL-SEASON RUN-FLAT TIRES which looks like the photo below.

View attachment 326429

In fact the vehicle actually will look like this:
View attachment 326434
I didn’t want to say anything but this is MUCH better. 😂

I looked for CX-90 APR financing deals for comparison and there don't appear to be any for this month. Is this typical?

Edit: NVM. I found 2.9% on the Mazda site. I also saw conquest cash that lists Mercedes and BMW amongst the "competition" (AFAIK, neither Mercedes or BMW offers "conquest cash" but do offer loyalty).

Sorry, but what is so overwhelming and negative response?..
What is it that hurst peoples eyes because its not what they think they need, people do winge about nothing.

Mazda always said it , sorry the KJ CX-70! Yes its a KJ model code and is a 2025 model year, was going to be a 2 row crossover.

So what do people want, a smaller car?? Then people would complain it is too small and would like it larger.
The CX-60 is the smaller model not sold in NA.

Engines, same applies.

Anyway, the CX-90 is going gangbusters sales wise in North America, I heard a rumour it is being released in Europe/ UK?

Good on you, I just dont understand this so called Negative BS response...

I really dislike people who dump on a product before its released.

So is it the launch delay?, well they can only make so many units.
I think it was more the people on here-rather than Mazda-who are the source of the misaligned expectations and so are their own reason for feeling hurt. 🙄

I think it was more the people on here-rather than Mazda-who are the source of the misaligned expectations and so are their own reason for feeling hurt. 🙄

There is no innocent party here - People here had their expectations, based on logical conclusions drawn from what Mazda had done in other regions. And it wasn't just members here, it was members from other forums, from Facebook groups, even the Mazda Canada and Mazda USA Instagram pages. Auto journalists, bloggers and reviewers who conducted interviews with Mazda reps also drew similar conclusions, and were just as disappointed as everyone else. And even though Mazda was aware of these expectations, they did nothing to clarify or manage these expectations leading up to the reveal.

Mazda didn't promise anything, but it doesn't do any good to place blame on others for feeling the way that they do.

You have stated you'll be getting the CX70. I look forward to your ownership experience and comments!

2024034204_202020.png

Don't mess around with run-flats when you can get no-flat wheels 😁

Yes, right, it's just here. Not the rest of the automotive world that has reacted with surprise at what the 70 is.

Just us.:unsure:

Yes, right, it's just here. Not the rest of the automotive world that has reacted with surprise at what the 70 is.

Just us.:unsure:
What Dr. Kev doesn't get or is unwilling to acknowledge is

1. Most people here have a favorable opinion of Mazda vehicles and wish them well.

2. That if it was always Mazda's intent to deliver a full-size CX-70 it represents a massive, failed opportunity to build a line of premium SUVs in which people can upgrade and downgrade as their life situation demand similar to Acura (RDX/MDX) and Genesis (GV70/GV80).

3. No matter how the CX-70 came to be what it is and no matter how good a vehicle it turns out to be, by mismanaging (or ignoring) the public relations of expectations, it will end up being a less successful introduction than it should or could have been.

3. No matter how the CX-70 came to be what it is and no matter how good a vehicle it turns out to be, by mismanaging (or ignoring) the public relations of expectations, it will end up being a less successful introduction than it should or could have been.
Mazda opened up a can of worms by not being up front with their plans. They even have professional publications like Car and Driver wondering if Mazda is "trolling" us and that's never a good look!

Mazda opened up a can of worms by not being up front with their plans. They even have professional publications like Car and Driver wondering if Mazda is "trolling" us and that's never a good look!
Yeah, you can't be giving interviews to the automotive press for 3 years and have them writing it is going to slot between the CX-50 and CX-90 and not correct that. But then Mazda said the CX-70 and CX-90 would be North American versions of the CX-60 and CX-80 and drop a 186" CX-60 3 years prior to dropping it's NA sister at over 200" and not mention that.

Interesting thread. I am a Mazda guy, not above all else but they are always at the top of my list. Wife drives a 19 CX5 Signature and it is a fantastic car. I love driving it and my wife even loves it so much she refuses to give it up. I mostly drive a 2 door Wrangler JK and am looking for something "nicer" in my older years. I could be very happy with another 5 but it's "another 5" (meh) and they are just a little short on rear seat and cargo space (we could use more room for a grandchild seat). I did test drive a 24 5 Carbon turbo and almost bought it on the spot but $40k? Wow. I also test drove a CX30 turbo and thoroughly enjoyed it (mini CX5) but while we could make the less space work, it's not ideal. Then drove a CX50 turbo and while the space and design is just right, the car felt un-Mazda to me, not as solid, more cheap - more Toyota, less Lexus feeling. I had been looking forward to at least strongly considering the CX90 but now notsomuch. First, tired of waiting. Second, the hunchback is ugly. Third, it's just a 90.2. Will see when/if they ever arrive.

What do I foresee buying? A used Outback, RX350, Passport, etc or possibly another truck - maybe even a Honda Ridgeline. I might ask my Mazda dealer for a CX50 turbo to drive for better part of a day as I really want to like that car more.

Last edited:
I will start myself as I was waiting for basically two years for this model to arrive.

Same, here. No way will I ever get a first- or second-year product before all the facts (of reliability, durability) are in from actual usage by actual owners.

I like a lot of the features and look of the newly-designed rigs that Mazda's putting out. So perhaps I'll be a future buyer of either the CX-70 or CX-90. Don't really need all the space, but I'd love to have a longer/smoother ride quality for these old bones.

Same, here. No way will I ever get a first- or second-year product before all the facts (of reliability, durability) are in from actual usage by actual owners.

I like a lot of the features and look of the newly-designed rigs that Mazda's putting out. So perhaps I'll be a future buyer of either the CX-70 or CX-90. Don't really need all the space, but I'd love to have a longer/smoother ride quality for these old bones.

Based on other popular manufacturers, waiting until 3rd year production or later seemed safe, which is part of the reason I ended up with a 2018 CX-9. With that said, it may not work the same for Mazda because they're a low volume seller by comparison. Even more so for their flagship vehicles like the CX-9 at the time, or the current CX-90 and upcoming CX-70, which will sell in much lower numbers, resulting in less real-world feedback from owners in the same span of time.

In the future, if I decide to buy a brand new Mazda for my next car, I'll probably wait for a model that is 3 or 4 years in, maybe when Mazda does a facelift/refresh.

Or I might just take the risk and spring for a 2026 CX-70. The looks are growing on me, especially in the Zircon Sand Metallic and Machine Grey Metallic colours. I think if I were to get one, I would probably opt for the GT model.

xDrive40i275/45R20 110H XLBridgestone Alenza Sport A/S RFT
Ok, so more meaty than the Mazda 245/45/20 size. I couldn't run that size on my incoming 20×9" wheels or they would either rub on the inside, poke to the outside, or both.

Back