What have you done to your P5 today?

Don't forget your monitoring conditions.
Your fuel level needs to be between 35%-85% for the system to be monitored.
...and of course I had just filled up the tank. I had read fuel level needs to be "25%-75%," but since fuel level hadn't quite dropped to 75% when the CAT monitor did reset, I think your 85% figure is more accurate. :) For a moment, I thought my using 93 octane may be the problem (my JDM engine and MP3 ECU want premium gas).

Side note: I've heard that some folks fill up with premium to pass their inspections and that that actually works for them. I've also read that using premium gas in a car that doesn't need it can cause unburnt fuel to exit your tailpipe, harming your results (and the environment). Texas inspections just rely on the ECU and don't do an actual sniffer test at the exhaust, so it actually didn't make a difference in my case.

I posted my last little p5 bits for sale today, finally. Nothing big and I am not looking to get much for any of it!

I posted my last little p5 bits for sale today, finally. Nothing big and I am not looking to get much for any of it!

You finally broke down and sent her off to pasture..... :( The ol' girl certainly didn't owe you anything.

On our way to Mark's house for a Fall Clean Meet back in 2011! :D

NEPOC Fall Clean Meet Oct 29th 2011 (1).JPG

You finally broke down and sent her off to pasture..... :( The ol' girl certainly didn't owe you anything.

On our way to Mark's house for a Fall Clean Meet back in 2011! :D

got like $450 for scrapping it. Kept the MP3 wheels of course for some future purpose.
ovBAmfOl.jpg

Mine is still hangin in there.....there being the garage on battery tender mostly, lol.
Gotta get it out and stretch those legs! There are still times where I wish I still had mine.

Our son has an 08 3 hatch which is almost the same. Wish I could have found him a nice P5 when we were shopping.

Speaking of putting a car out to pasture,..

My car is looking for a good home for retirement.

IMG_20220912_155427.jpg

I quit driving on June 3rd and my car has been sitting in the driveway ever since.
I want it gone.

I am willing to give the car away for free to someone that will promise to take good care of it and post pictures of what you have done with it.

My car is a rusty turd on the outside, but My Engine Does Not Burn Oil !!!

It in fact,.. Pollutes Less Than A New Car !!!

I don't have an engine hoist to pull the engine to sell it, so you would have to come and get it from south western Ontario.

It can be easily towed with a car dolly and doesn't need a flatbed.
My ownership will be included and signed off as a gift.

My wiring harness was compromised and my car no longer starts, but I have a replacement harness from my parts car.

I will include an extremely rare Wagner Exhaust, and West Wings spoiler that are not available anywhere anymore.

IMG_20220912_155624.jpg

After giving up driving, I have converted to electric bicycles.

20221204_152450.jpg

I've had this ugly piece of crap for almost 10 years now.
I put new tires and tubes on it when it became my only means of transportation.

Then I bought this to explore my environment a few months ago,..

20221110_124942.jpg

And now I have decided to pimp my ride and I'm doing a complete heart, lung, and brain transplant,..
I hope I get it back together and running?

20230121_222504.jpg

I have a new interest now and just don't want to bother with my car anymore.

E-bikes have definitely intrigued me for some time now, but instead my wife and I have been on a wait list for Honda Ruckus scooters for a few months now. Those should end up being more fun than the bikes in our opinions. We plan to do some long rides on them.

Reactions: pcb
A gas powered all terrain vehicle under 50cc is not normally considered a road vehicle.

A tank of gas has a lot more range than a charged battery.
A 25AH battery can cost $900+ each.

A "moped" can be refilled at any gas station. An ebike needs a 3 hour charge minimum.

There are lots of options for 4 stoke gas powered 49cc bicycles.
Long range, all terrain, it'll get ya to the next gas station.

Screenshot_20230126-212445_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230126-212528_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230126-212609_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230126-212638_DuckDuckGo.jpg

If you run out of gas, you can always pedal it.
It's good exercise.

Speaking of putting a car out to pasture,..

View attachment 315419

I quit driving on June 3rd and my car has been sitting in the driveway ever since.
I want it gone.

I am willing to give the car away for free to someone that will promise to take good care of it and post pictures of what you have done with it.

My car is a rusty turd on the outside, but My Engine Does Not Burn Oil !!!

It in fact,.. Pollutes Less Than A New Car !!!

I don't have an engine hoist to pull the engine to sell it, so you would have to come and get it from south western Ontario.

It can be easily towed with a car dolly and doesn't need a flatbed.
My ownership will be included and signed off as a gift.

My wiring harness was compromised and my car no longer starts, but I have a replacement harness from my parts car.

I will include an extremely rare Wagner Exhaust, and West Wings spoiler that are not available anywhere anymore.

View attachment 315420

View attachment 315421

I've had this ugly piece of crap for almost 10 years now.
I put new tires and tubes on it when it became my only means of transportation.

Then I bought this to explore my environment a few months ago,..

View attachment 315422

And now I have decided to pimp my ride and I'm doing a complete heart, lung, and brain transplant,..
I hope I get it back together and running?

View attachment 315423

I have a new interest now and just don't want to bother with my car anymore.
Aw this feels like the end of a small era on this forum. What are we gonna do without PCB always coming to the rescue with the shop manual diagrams???

Okay but actually does your parts car have an MSP bumper and the rare fog light deletes??

A gas powered all terrain vehicle under 50cc is not normally considered a road vehicle.

A tank of gas has a lot more range than a charged battery.
A 25AH battery can cost $900+ each.

A "moped" can be refilled at any gas station. An ebike needs a 3 hour charge minimum.

There are lots of options for 4 stoke gas powered 49cc bicycles.
Long range, all terrain, it'll get ya to the next gas station.

If you run out of gas, you can always pedal it.
It's good exercise.
I used to have a conversion. It was okay but I know ill be happier with a proper honda scooter. I do have a dual crown inverted fork kicking around which I am saving for a special build one day
1929080_551848444619_1011092_n.jpg

Aw this feels like the end of a small era on this forum. What are we gonna do without PCB always coming to the rescue with the shop manual diagrams???

I'll still be here.
I got pretty good at finding things in the shop manual.

Okay but actually does your parts car have an MSP bumper and the rare fog light deletes??

No it's a West Wings bumper.

Screenshot_20230127-015406_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230127-020002_DuckDuckGo.jpg

20230127_131048.jpg

20230127_131114.jpg

It's got some fitment issues and it doesn't fit snugly around the headlights.
The PO put red paint under the headlight so it doesn't show as much.

20230127_131059.jpg

Gotta get it out and stretch those legs! There are still times where I wish I still had mine.

Our son has an 08 3 hatch which is almost the same. Wish I could have found him a nice P5 when we were shopping.
I did, I will more often...the addiction is still there. Love how it sounds. I don’t even turn stereo on. Fun fun fun to drive.

20230126_134012.jpg

20190822_172338.jpg

Dis be 03.5 MSP lip, fog deletes, CDM grill....what it still isn't is silver.....maybe this year, lol

Reactions: 323
View attachment 315571

Dis be 03.5 MSP lip, fog deletes, CDM grill....what it still isn't is silver.....maybe this year, lol
I see. His bumper looks aftermarket but wasn't sure about the fog light deletes. Man, if I could get a hold of some of the factory ones, I'd love to make a CAD model and try 3D printing some of my own.

Haha yes, I always remember your P5 as being the lowered silver one with the Tiptronic trans and multicolored from end 😂. For real though, paint stuff is complex and time consuming to get right, I don't blame you for not having it done. I'm trying to refinish a set of Hyundai wheels for my P5's summer setup right now and boy it's a lot of work.

View attachment 315419

I want it gone.

PCB, you could try this guy (JP Parts International Ltd.) see if he's interested in your car. The Westwings front bar and side skirts might just get him interested. He aslo has a website (JP Parts International Ltd).

hey jazzy, i'm on the down under astina forum.....haven't posted there in quite awhile but they still hit me up with birthday email every year

Back