2013 CX-5, question about fuel filler flap

:
2013 Mazda CX-5, 2.0 Manual Transmission, 1989 Mazda MX-6
I just bought a 2013 CX-5 2.0 manual transmission, 12,000 miles. The car is great. I just filled up the tank today for the first time. I noticed it did not have the metal flap in the fuel filler. Is this normal? If not I have one more month Mazda warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpg
    IMG_1710.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 295
thanks, but not the fuel gas cap. Its the metal flap that when you put the fuel pump nozzle into the filler hole. there is usually a metal flap that the nozzle pushes open. I have never seen a car without one.

thanks, but not the fuel gas cap. Its the metal flap that when you put the fuel pump nozzle into the filler hole. there is usually a metal flap that the nozzle pushes open. I have never seen a car without one.

(hand)

wow...you both have one missing..............(crazy)

So do some people have the flap?
I think madar was trying to make fun of this. Although I can't check our CX-5 right now, but if I remember it correctly, it doesn't have the metal flap in the filler neck. In fact, our Honda CR-V, VW Passat, and BMW 528i all don't have the flap in there.

Mazda engineers are confident that you will no longer be putting M&M's in the tank.

I have a CX-5, 2 Honda's (Odyssey and CR-V) and one Hyundai (Elantra). None have a flap like you're describing.

I don't know what the flap is for. I have just never seen a car without one. I just had a terrible thought that it had broken and was at the bottom of the tank. But since it never came with one all is good.

I don't know what the flap is for. I have just never seen a car without one. I just had a terrible thought that it had broken and was at the bottom of the tank. But since it never came with one all is good.

FWIW - Our 2001 Dodge Caravan has the metal flap.

I like it without the metal flap. When we go on road trips, I can fill it ALL THE WAY to the top. I wish my other car was the same way

Back