What have you done to your Miata today?

The valve cover and catch can showed up today. I'm going to paint in the letters on the cover tonight. Have to find a source for some AN-8 fittings and hose, locally if I'm lucky. Then once I get some household chores done I'll install them and post up pictures.

Hehehe. I did that for Rob.

Trust me, he doesn't need it. My name together with the word picture is enough to flush him out!

Finally ordered, received, and installed high density foam padding and cover from Hard Dog for my roll bar. I feel safer already. On top of that it covers up where my hard top has rubbed off the anodizing from my roll bar anyways.

thinking about adding some stickers

mocked up in Forza
25i17jd.jpg

I'm thinking about the same stickers.

Not my car, but it has the vinyl:
detail.jpg

Me too. My only concern is that my car has the black rocker panel so I'm not sure if it would look weird with that or not.

MK's R2 replica in the background has the black rocker panel as does my car in the Forza pic

Good point. I can barely notice the black rocker panels in pictures :D

Red...

6036099712_d4f5d88111_o.jpg

I think black rocker stripes would look good on red even with the black rocker panel.

^Agreed.

I secretly wanted two stripes over the top of the car... either white or silver... until I saw it and I realized how much it makes the car look like a Viper. Pass.

Yeah I was never a fan of the traditional racing stripes.

Yeah... it can look nice, but it definitely isn't my thing usually.

So, what I did to my Miata today... left it at home and drove the BMW again.

Damn straight. I love driving the Bavaria. There's something about a 37 year old inline 6 spinning to 6k (and above) that makes me giggle inside. The crankshaft is the length of my leg. It shouldn't be able to spin that fast if you look at American inline 6's, but it does and it loves it. I just wish the carbs weren't undersized.

Second coat of paint on the valve cover letters. DSC01853.JPG

Last edited:
Back