What have you done to your MSP today?

some of my new toys.
street unit.jpg
unichip.jpg
BC racing.jpg
wsieco piston K1 rod.jpg

evil.. you know you can order replacement bushings... im afraid to look my my AWR bushing because it allows my engine to flop around my engine bay but that doesn't mean they are crap.. just that its a wearable item. I also have less then 6 months on my AWR motor mount. Also note how long did it take for that engine mount to get like that evilmonkey?

su replacement bushings can be had at below just remove the **"s
http://www.street******unit.com/SU_Engine_Mount_Bushings_p/suembr.htm

Hmm, my minerva mounts are still working well after almost a year and about 20k miles.

and even those you can order replacement bushings for... they all wear out. I've put maybe 5k on my AWR mounts and need to replace the bushings in it, my old medevil mounts were showing sigsn of wear and teh new owner has to replace two of them.

awesome if you want to tune your unichip your self i think i might be able to help you out pm me

how the heck can you tune the unichip yourself, I thought that you can only get it tuned at a certified tuner/dealer of the unichip, and when I checked it out last summer for the unichip that use to be in my brother's msp, there really wasn't anyone around the ct area at least that could do it, and some guy in Maryland did it a while back but didn't want to touch it now, and even Cross.over didn't even want to try but that was mainly because of the mods in my brother's car, just unreliable.. that's why I really don't like unichip, and the boost controller sucked in the one I had, but anyways that might have changed, some people have good experience with them, I'm just not one of them, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just didn't know self tuning was anywhere close to possible unless they changed some things very recently

i say just save up a couple more hundred and get a standalone.. but thats me. i've yet to see someone with a unichip making good power without issues.. i'm old school MPI FTW!! lol

My car ran great with the Unichip (except for fuel cut / MAF overload), I just wanted a tune, and couldn't find anyone within 250 miles to do it.

and even those you can order replacement bushings for... they all wear out. I've put maybe 5k on my AWR mounts and need to replace the bushings in it, my old medevil mounts were showing sigsn of wear and teh new owner has to replace two of them.
Worn out after 5k miles? I have almost 30k on my passenger side AWR mount and it's good as new still.

how the heck can you tune the unichip yourself, I thought that you can only get it tuned at a certified tuner/dealer of the unichip, and when I checked it out last summer for the unichip that use to be in my brother's msp, there really wasn't anyone around the ct area at least that could do it, and some guy in Maryland did it a while back but didn't want to touch it now, and even Cross.over didn't even want to try but that was mainly because of the mods in my brother's car, just unreliable.. that's why I really don't like unichip, and the boost controller sucked in the one I had, but anyways that might have changed, some people have good experience with them, I'm just not one of them, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just didn't know self tuning was anywhere close to possible unless they changed some things very recently

He has the complete setup that the Unichip dealers had to retune it, at least i'm pretty sure I remember reading he did.

Latest posts

Back