What car did you have at 16?

Great thread for you young whippersnappers, and us old fogies too. first car, regardless of what it was, i think we will all, always remember them well.

Damn right I remember my POS 88 Hyudai accent hatch back alright. There was this road I drove every day that goes down hill then it goes up hill again. At the button of that hill there is an intersection that I preyed to god every day for the green light so my car would make it up hill LOL. Got my licence at 17. I wasn't into cars back then but I do remember my bro burning rubber with his muscle Mercury cougar every time I rode with him. Not fair lol.

When I was 16 I shared my dad's 98 plymouth breeze. I kind of took over it by putting a MTX system in it and a cd player lol. It was funny when my dad told me he pulled up for his tuesday night work golf league blasting my system and his co-workers lookin at him crazy and laughing. Well I turned 18 I had saved enough for my own car a 98 Cavalier Z24 coupe.

at 16 i didnt have a car but i drove my step dads 97 integ and my moms 02 jag x-type. then at 17 i got a hand-me-down 90 mazda 323, then at 18 i bought my 03 MSP, traded that in at 22 for a 09 brand spankn new ms3!!!...ive always worked for everything ive had...if i could change time...i wouldnt have it any other way....

ps i frickn miss my 323!!

1978 Ford Fiesta

In honor of those 16yr olds with MS3s...
Everyone please post what vehicle you drove when you were 16. Oh and by the way, im totally just jealous.

EDIT:
OK ladies and gents....

I have cleaned this thread up and I am about to change the title.

Post the car you had a 16. If you have anything judgmental to say keep it to yourself or get an infraction.

This is a decent thread with a good spirit behind it so don't ruin it. again.

...and here's a picture of the gem. '84 subaru gl-10

3883615872_3f842f0346_o.jpg

1980 VW Rabbit. I hopped the s*** out of it in auto shop. If I remember right it ran in the 15sec. range when the clutch wasn't slipping.

I wish I still had it.

1980 VW Rabbit. I hopped the s*** out of it in auto shop. If I remember right it ran in the 15sec. range when the clutch wasn't slipping.

I wish I still had it.

Yeah...15 sec...to 60(hah)

My Mom's car when I was 16 was a 1980 Rabbit GTi. Recaros, 5 speed, 1600 cc, claiming 90 hp from the factory. It was hot s***...for 1980...on a good day you could hit 10 sec flat to 60 (cabpatch)

What made mine unique?
1989 Chevy Caprice Station Wagon
280,000 miles on frame, 2nd Engine (Olds' 5.0 V8 pushing 140 whopping horsepower!)

This was the wagon with the rearward facing back seat. Mine was white and rusted out, so I took a can of black spray paint and made the "Moomobile" out of it by covering the rust spots. Also highlighting it were two 8" offroad lamps protruding out the top (the ears), the "HAY" identification for what most refer to as the "gas cap", and a wood-shop class fabbed 12" subwoofer that simply sat exposed in the back seats. I'll get pictures up when I get home.

1976 Audi 100 LS. British Racing Green. I named it "The Anti-Christ" because it was electrically possessed. It was a blast to drive when it was running.

edit-Oh yeah. It almost caught fire once while going down the road because a hefty friend was in the back seat and caused the metal seat frame to touch the battery terminals (the battery was under the back seat)

Last edited:
1993_Chevrolet_Cavalier.jpeg

This isn't a picture of my personal Cava-queer, but it was the same 4-door teal color, but I had some cheap chrome hubcaps on there that my grandpa gave me when I bought it from him. He bought it in WA, and barged it up here for me for free, then charged me 2g's for it!!! It was my first car, and was known as "The Bastard", because it was such a dent in my life - I hated it and I told my Grandpa (who was scouting cars for me, and hates imports) that my price range was $5-7k, and he came back with a Chevy Cavalier with 130k miles, automatic, clean title and had ONE owner since new. It was clean and maitnenced always, owned by an old lady who drove it everywhere in WA. At the time, I worked at an audio/video place, so I installed MB Quarts all around, and a high-end Eclipse deck (which I still have today), and at least tried to make it worth the drive. Anyways the bastard lasted almost 9 months, then I blew the headgasket because I chose not to keep up on it, because I wanted a faster and sportier ride... So I dumped it for 200 cash, and waited 3 months, then bought my 93 MX6 LS for $3g's cash the day it was posted in the paper. And I have owned it for almost 5 years now. My next car is going to be an 02 WRX, no questions asked... it's what i'm getting. A little something like this (minus any sort of wing):

wrx02_4.jpg

had a 89 maxima, removed the side molding on it which took for ever because they were indented into the doors.

heres a picture of it finished, repainted it at school stock color, winter blue.

myoldmaxima.jpg

1994 special edition honda prelude. a pearlescent blue green color. intake, custom exhaust, 4 wheel steering, suspension (coils, struts). pretty nice for my first car. thing was fast. bought it stock and when she finally died i ran it so hard i put a bunch of holes in the block. then i tore the motor out sold the body and learned how a motor runs.

Yeah...15 sec...to 60(hah)

My Mom's car when I was 16 was a 1980 Rabbit GTi. Recaros, 5 speed, 1600 cc, claiming 90 hp from the factory. It was hot s***...for 1980...on a good day you could hit 10 sec flat to 60 (cabpatch)

I really did run in the 15 sec. range in the quater mile. It was a 1.6 liter block with a 1.8 head (larger valves). I had Web grind a custom cam for it and put a set of 44mm Weber side draft carbs on it with a S&S 4 into 1 header. the car was very fast for what it was but I could not keep clutches in it.

1995 Geo Metro Lsi......not the 3 cyl, but the big honkin 4 cyl........i think about 80 hp!!!!!!!!!!

Well at 16 I Forrest Gump'd it everwhere or took the beach cruiser.

The first car I ever drove and the one I took my test on was a 1979 Toyota celica manual, gold colored. It was my dad's. When it died, it was 21 years old and had 95k orig miles on the odo.

At 19 I bought my first car. A nice 1983 Pontiac Trans-Am. Black and tan two tone FTMFW... not. Yay for throttle-body fuel injection, sigh.

Ones that followed:
1990 Nissan hardbody truck manual trans, silver
1995 Saturn SC2 manual, red
2003 BMW 325i manual, black
2002 Subaru WRX manual, WR Blue (current)
2009 Mazdaspeed 3, MGM (current)

Kitt in the house!

901.jpg

20666270035_large.jpg

My first car at 16, a 1994 Acura Intregra. Oh yeah, with the ugliest gold and silver rims ever (factory wheels too, just missing center caps!). Don't worry, I eventually got GSR wheels to replace them.

Good old memories.

Attachments

• FRONT1.JPG
    FRONT1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 112
Back