What have you done to your MS3 today?

since when was a 12.5 afr considered rich on a boosted car? yeah only when your cruising around at light loads, otherwise, hell no. wtf kind of cars are you talking about. 12.5 would be fine to run with meth, but without it you should run a 12.0 or slightly lower afr. anything from 11.3ish to 12.0 is fine, staying in the 11's is more safe for a DD or weekend track car. FYI many tuners shoot for about a 11.7 afr at wot conditions.

since when was a 12.5 afr considered rich on a boosted car? yeah only when your cruising around at light loads, otherwise, hell no. wtf kind of cars are you talking about. 12.5 would be fine to run with meth, but without it you should run a 12.0 or slightly lower afr. anything from 11.3ish to 12.0 is fine, staying in the 11's is more safe for a DD or weekend track car. FYI many tuners shoot for about a 11.7 afr at wot conditions.

+1 Got a tune from cobb this weekend 11.8 is the ideal afr

All boosted cars I've run in the past have been around 12.5-12.7 at wot. For n/a cars I've run between 12.5-13. I don't know what the ms3 a/f ratios are stock but if you feel safe in the 11s go ahead.

I would have thought with the forged pistons, direct injection, and spark setup you would have been able to run even leaner with these.

All boosted cars I've run in the past have been around 12.5-12.7 at wot. For n/a cars I've run between 12.5-13. I don't know what the ms3 a/f ratios are stock but if you feel safe in the 11s go ahead.

I would have thought with the forged pistons, direct injection, and spark setup you would have been able to run even leaner with these.

Direct injection cars use the extra fuel to cool the combustion chamber temps. Stock these cars are sometimes in the low 10s and high 9s for AFR.

Many people have tried to lean out the cars a bit but realized it did little or nothing and possible could have resulted in their blown engines.

when i was tuned the 1st time i sent a datalog to Cobb, they told me i was running lean at the top end. That was at 12.05 afr.

Geez..thats a monster setup. How bad did you beat peoples?

Ummm idk yet. Results weren't posted at the event cause everyone left so fast. They should be posted today or tomorrow. The car felt great but the course we were on was terrible. Slaloms were too tight and not spaced out evenly. Tight areas not meant for anything bigger than a Miata. Slow finish that wasn't as fun as usual. I don't think I did as well as I could've on a more wide open course. I'll post up the results when I get them.

Pic of flaps:

100_3402.jpg

100_3404.jpg

Video of the course:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNst...be.com/my_videos_edit&feature=player_embedded

This was my first run ever on R-comps and my coilovers. The tires were a bit slick because they were stickers and this was my event to scuff them in. It was a very tight course and there wasn't much room to push hard. I launch with the AP launch control and shift into 2nd with FFS tuned with the AP also. With the hoosiers there is so much grip off the line I hardly spun the tires. Still no results yet. Still I feel like I could've pushed harder. Next time!

Pics:

Look in the 4th one I've got a tire off the ground! Thank you coilovers!

Attachments

• img_1391.jpg
    img_1391.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 132
  • img_1392.jpg
    img_1392.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 127
  • img_1517.jpg
    img_1517.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 120
  • img_1622.jpg
    img_1622.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 121
  • img_1704.jpg
    img_1704.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 128
Holy no tread wear batman.

Tires have about 7k on them..lol

This was my first run ever on R-comps and my coilovers. The tires were a bit slick because they were stickers and this was my event to scuff them in. It was a very tight course and there wasn't much room to push hard. I launch with the AP launch control and shift into 2nd with FFS tuned with the AP also. With the hoosiers there is so much grip off the line I hardly spun the tires. Still no results yet. Still I feel like I could've pushed harder. Next time!

Did you kill that first cone? lol

Last edited:
Back