What have you done to your MS3 today?

sweet i was wanting a cleer retro how to, to decide if it was worth the effort. dose anyone know what brand the projector is? scott need to get ATR.

I got ATR yestreday but I don't know how to use it yet. I reflashed with the stage 1+sf93 and it has me spiking at 20 psi but settling and holding 18 until tapering to 17.5 at 5500-5800 rpm. My A/F spike at low 12's and drop quickly to 11.76 and hold. I'm staying with this map until I learn how to use ATR or I get a custom tune. I may go with the internet tune from Cobb. Send them data and they send you a custom map. I'm going to clean my MAF sensor this weekend and do a bunch of data logging.

well my mazda made a new friend...
IMG_5499.jpg

I got ATR yestreday but I don't know how to use it yet. I reflashed with the stage 1+sf93 and it has me spiking at 20 psi but settling and holding 18 until tapering to 17.5 at 5500-5800 rpm. My A/F spike at low 12's and drop quickly to 11.76 and hold. I'm staying with this map until I learn how to use ATR or I get a custom tune. I may go with the internet tune from Cobb. Send them data and they send you a custom map. I'm going to clean my MAF sensor this weekend and do a bunch of data logging.

11.76 is pretty rich, your a/f shouldn't be dropping below 12.5

I don't think they ever made a supercharged one?

Regardless that is a cool offroading machine!

Yes, actually, they did. ;)

From Wikipedia:

Xterra was freshened for 2002 with a redesigned dash and center console, improved powerplant, and front end styling. The 3.3L VG33E V6 was upgraded to 180 hp and a 210 hp supercharged option added. The 2001 Xterra's restyled front end was grafted on to an otherwise unchanged bodywork.

Audio systems were also upgraded, the premium 6-disc, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD setup being replaced by an 8-speaker 300W Rockford Fosgate AM/FM/CD system with large subwoofer that took up a portion of the rear storage area.

Yes, actually, they did. ;)

From Wikipedia:

Ya I was actually looking at one and the supercharged Frontier because the wife liked it, was the current model at the time.

Edit: The new ones are like 265hp as it is so the supercharged 210hp was a bit overshadowed. I like the older Xterra styling but the newer frontiers.

Last edited:
I know someone with a super charged Nissan pick up quad cab. It's several years old but basically the same truck as the xterra.

Kept "MAZDASPEED" badge but removed the "3" from behind it. Placed "Axela" badge beneath the right-hand taillights. Car needs a wash, but it's supposed to rain all weekend. :(

Ordered vanity plates.

Kept "MAZDASPEED" badge but removed the "3" from behind it. Placed "Axela" badge beneath the right-hand taillights. Car needs a wash, but it's supposed to rain all weekend. :(

Ordered vanity plates.

Didn't happen with out pics, Fail.

What are the plates going to say?

got mine back from the body shop finally! its been there since the tenth and every day the guy had to get a supplement check from the other guys insurance company because of new parts he found broken or mangled. Total bill...$8,200 dollars in body work. But now she looks good as new! ill post before and after pics later. Put in my RKM bushings and updated my AP and downloaded my ATR. The v104 91 octane Mazdaspeed CAI and FMIC is boosting a tad high for my liking, but holy quickness batman!

mine is not supercharged but yes they did offer them. and the S looking thing is really just a suttle nissan emblem the light makes it look like an S. im looking around to see if I can just add the supercharger or if the charged one had less compression. will decide if i am to proceede with charging it... and for the MS3 i washed it today she always looks hot when she is nice and cllened up and primped....

Last edited:
Cleaned my MAF sensor today and rotated the tires. I have new tires sitting in the garage but holding off putting them on til I kill the stockers. I have 27,000 on the stockers so far and I am determined to get atleast 30,000 out of them.

Back