What have you done to your MSP today?

much more scientific because of the evidence that is left for you to analyze

still evidence, it can still be analyzed. Thats how most people find out about car parts anyway, you dont know you have it until you break it and have to replace it. lol

Just installed my SU rear motor mount... Which I will more then likely be removing once I get new side mounts installed... Way to much noise and vibratiosn with a solid front and rear mount...

Tip for anyone doing the rear mount on the protege... Use a 1/4 rachet set and a small extention to get to the bottom nut on the wiring harness brace on the firewall.

Currently the front bumper and grill are NOT installed on the car. I plan on heating up the tabs by the headlights and pushing them back down. So they have hold onto the stupid tabs by the headlights. However its ****ing raning right now... fun fun

I have also attached a clip of the vibrations at idle... Couldnt get one with the really bad vibrations due to the cam being dead.

Attachments

• trick.JPG
    trick.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 159
  • front bumper.JPG
    front bumper.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 144
  • car.JPG
    car.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCF1036.AVI
    960.4 KB · Views: 149
the easist way to test a lsd is raise both front tires up, spin one, the other should spin with it. if it doesnt, its an open diff or not working. you have to remember the lsd isnt a locker, so its not driving both wheels equally, and its also not going to divert all availble power to the wheel with least traction, its just a percentage of that.

actually the best way I would assume is to raise one tire and leave the other on the ground to see if the raised tire will spin, correct?

I'm not a suspension guy, so correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't an lsd supposed to allow both tires to spin freely of each other and lock them together under accelleration? and an 'open diff' is supposed to lock them both together?

Received second TurboXS Type H-RFL BOV - go figure, this one leaks like a seive (sp?) as well. I know I'm not the only Mazda guy to try one of these out so how did the rest of you guys get these to work? There just isn't a sufficient seal between the inner piston and the outer casing (metal-on-metal) so air leaks by. This gets deposited in my intake manifold, post MAF so it's unmeasured and therefore causes a lean condition. So, in conclusion, TurboXS BOVs suck and I'm going with a black HKS SSQV next week.

On another note, I tapped my brake booster for my makeshift BOV (RDV in VTA form) and removed another washer. The turkey is almost nonexistent now and I'm certain if I removed that last washer it would be perfect. The problem is, if I remove that last washer the BPV/BOV is significantly open at idle and because it's too close to the MAF (stupid shop didn't listen to me) it causes some funny idles at times. I can't wait until I get the HKS - I'm going to try to have the shop make a new pipe as well so they can put the BOV further away from the MAF.

actually the best way I would assume is to raise one tire and leave the other on the ground to see if the raised tire will spin, correct?

I'm not a suspension guy, so correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't an lsd supposed to allow both tires to spin freely of each other and lock them together under accelleration? and an 'open diff' is supposed to lock them both together?

our LSD is "torque sensing"... so I don't know if this would work, thus my origional question. and for the use of the word "lock", that is what a locker is for... and all an LSD does is create friction (in our case with a clutch pack) between the 2 drive wheels when one tries to spin faster than the other, attempting to split power more evenly between the wheels. essentially, if you jacked up both wheels of an open diff and spun one wheel, the other wheel would spin the other way. According to terbow, with the LSD, when you jack it up both wheels should turn in the same direction.

if you are leaking between the bov and the intake manifold then relocate the maf to before your bov or back to the intake pipe?

yea, but again I'm not a suspension guy so I don't know if that proves that your lsd is working or not

from what I gather an lsd is supposed to send the most torque to the tire with the best traction (the one spinning slower), so having one tire in the air and being able to spin it very easily should mean the lsd is working....right?

when i cracked my LSD back in may i could put my car into any gear and it would just act like as if i was in idle...car wouldn't die if i had it in a gear and if i let my foot off of the clutch pedal...car wouldn't go anywhere

oh and neox thanks for the transmission a while back...everthing is working out perfect now ...i got a nice exedy clutch in my car now also

yea, but again I'm not a suspension guy so I don't know if that proves that your lsd is working or not

from what I gather an lsd is supposed to send the most torque to the tire with the best traction (the one spinning slower), so having one tire in the air and being able to spin it very easily should mean the lsd is working....right?

an open diff would do exactly the same thing... allow one wheel to spin freely and the other to remain stationary when the stationary wheel encounters more resistance.
and no, an LSD doesn't send MORE torque to the one spinning slower, it just sends more than an open diff would... essentially, it attempts to balance the load, but it will never perfectly equalize it, for that you need posi... or a differential with the spider and center gears welded together, literally forcing the 2 half shafts to spin at the same speed (not to be confused with welding the ring gear to the center section like the upgraded LSD many of us have purchased to make up for mazda's engineering fubar)

POSI is impractical for FWD cars because both wheels will always spin at the same speed, making turning VERY difficult.

Back