1/4 mile times with slip

Attachments

• timeslip.jpg
    timeslip.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 124
ok my man add me to the 12 second club !! i think there is more left in it too. i'm just working out the kinks on the slicks. ohh and this was only 18-19psi !! and i am also still on a stock IC !!

mods ....... I/TBE/manifold/T/CDFP/MM/
MBC 19psi/SL

this was my fastest pass. i did have a few with better 60ft times but the ET's were slightly slower.
img219.jpg

ok my man add me to the 12 second club !! i think there is more left in it too. i'm just working out the kinks on the slicks. ohh and this was only 18-19psi !! and i am also still on a stock IC !!

mods ....... I/TBE/manifold/T/CDFP/MM/
MBC 19psi/SL

this was my fastest pass. i did have a few with better 60ft times but the ET's were slightly slower.
img219.jpg

Holly s***! *added to 12 sec club*

Good Day
Great Lakes Dragaway WI
2.11 8.88 @83 13.63@105
MSCAI, MS CBE Only!
28PSI front, 45 PSI rear, shift at 6K, had several missed 2nd gear shifts
Ink on printer hardly visable, will try and improve contrast on scan.

Zimmer 2.292, 9.634@76.97 14.717@99.28 (I)

I'll post ticket tomorrow AM... also...
I think I had a decent 60' (well I was pumped) but prob not shifting well the rest of the way?... I also think I was so suprised I had no wheel spin I got caught off guard ...any thoughts???

Attachments

• track time.pdf
    21.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Just got in from the track, I'll get the timeslip scanned shortly, but this nutty car just keeps going faster as I figure out how to drive it.

13.68@106.67 with only a MS CAI. Multiple 13.7x@105.x passes and a couple of other 106.x mph passes. I think it's getting broken in now. Crossed 1000 miles on the drive home.

Seriously badass little car. Now someone get me control of the throttle blade! Next mod is a decent set of motor mounts. I can't powershift 2-3 yet.
These are great times and trap speeds for the ms3 and only an intake. This was done on street tires correct? How are you running multiple 13.7's @105, You are consistantly doing something right, any tips? (tire psi, launch rpm, power shifted? shift rpm's)...
I havnt been to the track yet with my ms3 and my mods are cobb sri, race pipe, and inserts so I should be at least where you are with good driving skill.

These are great times and trap speeds for the ms3 and only an intake. This was done on street tires correct? How are you running multiple 13.7's @105, You are consistantly doing something right, any tips? (tire psi, launch rpm, power shifted? shift rpm's)...
I havnt been to the track yet with my ms3 and my mods are cobb sri, race pipe, and inserts so I should be at least where you are with good driving skill.

I think he's got a factory freak.

did u miss my post...? : /

Zimmer 2.292, 9.634@76.97 14.717@99.28 (I)

I'll post ticket tomorrow AM... also...
I think I had a decent 60' (well I was pumped) but prob not shifting well the rest of the way?... I also think I was so suprised I had no wheel spin I got caught off guard ...any thoughts???

Slip Supplied!

Repeat with Verifications, hope you can read it.
08 MS3
MSCAI,MSCBE

Greatlaks Dragaway

Attachments

• ET Slip.pdf
    51.3 KB · Views: 254
ms3077 was banned for various reasons, not important anymore

as for this thread, I will gladly take it over and update the OP when new slips are added. happy racing everyone :)

Sorry for the slow response, I don't check here all the time.

I really don't think the car is a freak (I think Russm's time shows that, too). The first time I took it to the track, I was running lower part of the 14s at 98-99, about the same thing as a lot of people here do. But I drag race a LOT, have been for 20 years, and I can usually wring the most out of a vehicle (I've gone 15.0 in a stock IS300, 13.7 in a stock '93 Cobra, 15.2 in a stock SVT Contour, 14.9 in a basically stock '93 Probe GT, 13.6 in a stock '00 Lightning - before the '01 upgrades that made them faster).

I also drive a 9 second street truck and a 10 second truck that I use to tow it. Both are turbocharged gas engine.

Traction control off, I use wheel spin much more than the clutch. I come out about 2000-2500 rpms and let it eat with throttle modulation to keep it about 4500-5000 until it bites. I powershift 1-2, 3-4, and 4-5 and that is CRITICAL in this car - I can't get 2-3 consistently so I clutch and throttle it. The ECU reopens the throttle much too slowly to take your foot off the gas.

I pull the lever at or very slightly before 6000 rpms in every gear.

With a set of motor mounts, I bet I can get another .1-.15 out of the car, and 1.5-2 mph.

Street tires. 35 psi front, 45 psi rear. They're not the stock tires and wheels because my car came with dealer installed 19" Kazera racing wheels. The tire/wheel combo weighs 55 lbs each. I put the stock wheels off my Probe GT on the car which are about 45 lbs each. Anyone know what the stock wheels/tire on the MS3 weight, for comparison? Rolling diameter is the same between the 19s and the stock PGT wheels.

Very little fuel and the jack, tools and spare out.

I made 30+ passes in a little more than a week, which I bet is more than most MS3 drivers will EVER make in their cars. You simply cannot knock down the technique in this car with 3 passes at the Friday Test-n-Tune.

I found no advantage to cooling down and was hot lapping (and I mean back-to-back, as quickly as I could get back down the return road) most of the faster passes. I really don't think there's much advantage in a FMIC based on that except perhaps on the dyno. I've checked the intercooler repeatedly and never found any heating problems as long as the car had been in motion.

Maybe the computer likes it when the car is being flogged hard and repeatedly and was gradually dialing up the wick?

I'll try to get some videos of it up if I can ever get home long enough to get them digitized.

My next mods are motor mounts, a BOV, and a good set of lightweight wheels with drag tires for strip use. I want to see how close I can get the car to the 12s without an additional or significant power mod.

Last edited:
Depending on what tire you have the stock wheels weigh 24lbs a piece I believe. I was supposed to take my car to a private track rental but it got rained out, maybe next time.

Good Day
FMOS Racing is exactly right on practice, practice, I have been driving Turbocharged drag bikes, streetbikes and nitros dragbikes since the late 70's (Old Fart) and practice is the name on this vehicale., I use the exact tecnique but p/s to 2nd and occassionally I miss 2nd when I hook, car will still run a 14.25 missing 2nd gear. I use the same tire pressures and rpm leave and shift points but I do power shift all they way to 5th.
I am going to try some spring rubbers in the back to stiffen and raise the back end a little and I am looking into a way of limiting front wheel traval, (used nylon straps on motorcycles)to lessen the unloading as well as a MM, looking for 13:3's, ( can't figure out a way to get the wheels and slick past my wife when I already need to buy 4 wheels and tires for the winter up here in WI.
Have Fun!

Went to the track with the big ricey 19" Kazera Racing wheels (weren't my choice, were on the car when I bought it), 2/3 tank of gas, all the various daily driver accoutrement in the trunk/glove box/etc. Struggled getting it out of the hole with the big wheels, would hop like crazy in first and second, couldn't get the shifts right on the short end, etc.

Generally ran in lower part of the 14s at 99-101 mph.

Last pass of the night I managed to get it all just right and went 13.8@103. This is with the car about 130 lbs heavier than when I ran 13.6@106 with about half of that in rotating mass (which makes a BIG difference).

Getting the shifts just right is worth a half second on these cars. I'll go back with the Probe wheels/tires on it next week. I want to see a 13.4-13.5@107-108 in this decent air. I still need to buy some real lightweight wheels and drag tires.

Last edited:
Back