Help Wanted!

you can get a k&n filter from a kragen or something. they have them in some of the stores in my area.

all the covers?

youll need to remove the stock intake and baffling pieces.

and youll have to unscrew the inner fender lining to access where the filter screws in,

oh and hey.... do you guys know any good seat covers? or seats i can put in?

also... does anyone sell 16" rims? cause i already have tires that are 16", i think thats stock... but yea i want really nice shoes for my car ;P

Last edited:
Don't knock the auto's (lol2)

3k.... for look's hmmm....

Wheels / Tires
Springs / Struts
Tinted windows
Shorty antenna
Autoex grill / DGM Lip
DIY B/O headlights
JDM Taillights
Badges

I think if you shop right and plug yourself to the FS section, you might be able to pull it off for under 3K.

As for new shoes.... bolt pattern is 5x114.3 (guys correct me if I'm wrong) You can go try Tirerack... or discounttire.com for ideas and prices.... from you 3k atleast get 1 big item. Then everything else falls in the order of your own pleasure I guess....

You can also click on my sig for the ProtegeGarage and you will also find other items that might raise intrest.

Good luck man.

Main thing is to research what you want to do, look around for best prices, mix appearance & performance as you go & MAKE IT YOUR OWN, NOT A COPY OF ANOTHER PERSONS! Gather info, ask & read about pitfalls, make your own choices for your own needs & the hell with what others think. You're not gonna get universal approval or universal disapproval so just make your own plan & go with it. Here's what the same for everybody - some people will like some of the things you've done or maybe a bunch but no one will like everything you do so don't lose sleep over it. I think it's cool for people to hate on & flame something you've done & it's usually baseless preference. Have fun with it.

Main thing is to research what you want to do, look around for best prices, mix appearance & performance as you go & MAKE IT YOUR OWN, NOT A COPY OF ANOTHER PERSONS! Gather info, ask & read about pitfalls, make your own choices for your own needs & the hell with what others think. You're not gonna get universal approval or universal disapproval so just make your own plan & go with it. Here's what the same for everybody - some people will like some of the things you've done or maybe a bunch but no one will like everything you do so don't lose sleep over it. I think it's cool for people to hate on & flame something you've done & it's usually baseless preference. Have fun with it.

+1

What he said(mswerd)

lol yea i know but... im debating whether i want a cf look on my midnight blue mp5? i really don't know how that would look... i've been searching but no one has a car that has the cf look with midnight blue

I'll see if I can find a pic for u. There's two midnight blue p5 in teampro5 with cf hoods

hey, i just bought my 2002 mazda protege 5 with 175000kms (used a lot i know). and its completely stock cept for tinted windows, HID high beam, and some bad looking gas pedal. so i was wondering what i should change first or any upgrades that would be cheap but nice (both motor wise and apperance but mainly apperance first). i have around 3000 to spend, give or take a grand. its midnight blue and i fell in love with it! i want to make it unique and noticable! all your help would be great!

Thanks

Hi there, I'm brand new to this forum. Just browsing when I saw this post. I thought to myself, someone bought the car I just left a deposit on? Yesterday I bought a 2002 MP5 blue with tints and it too has 175000 k on it. As I read on, I saw that yours is an Auto, mine is a manual.

You don't have to answer, but I'm just curious as too how much you paid?

My plans are similar, but I'm not touching the motor unless the motor goes it her. Which I'm hoping not for a long time.

The first items on my list of todo's is;
1. Air intake system.
2. Shorty antenna.
3. Some sort of protection for the fog lights.

Attached is a picture of my MP5

Attachments

• IMG_5168.JPG
    IMG_5168.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 87
/\ and remove that front plate bracket, if you don't need it.. It messes up the look of the front end

I pretty much got everything in my sig for 3500. I would go with 17's from the start BUT you should also get it lowered at the same time. Nice wheels can really change the look of a car as well as a low aggressive stance!

sigh... another automatic... same as me... i think you could find a good list of what u can buy at protegegarage.com.... im sure youll make ken a happy man if u spend 3k there....
and since your automatic..... for performance... valve body will make it shift faster..... there's one i think someone is selling for $300 at the FS section here... it also depends on what ur going for.... drag, street, autoX, or just getting to point a to point b in style....
tranny cooler, and stronger pistons and such for the tranny if you get a ridiculous ammount of power... an ECU is your best bet for the most gains... Haltech or Microtech....

Hi there, I'm brand new to this forum. Just browsing when I saw this post. I thought to myself, someone bought the car I just left a deposit on? Yesterday I bought a 2002 MP5 blue with tints and it too has 175000 k on it. As I read on, I saw that yours is an Auto, mine is a manual.

You don't have to answer, but I'm just curious as too how much you paid?

My plans are similar, but I'm not touching the motor unless the motor goes it her. Which I'm hoping not for a long time.

well i got mine for just under $10 000, and i bought snow tires and rims for my car in the first week , so lol that put on another $1000. cause i live in canada

The first items on my list of todo's is;
1. Air intake system.
2. Shorty antenna.
3. Some sort of protection for the fog lights.

Attached is a picture of my MP5

thats weird.... yours looked exactly like mine when i got it... even the hood visor was there... weird....

i have a big question... i want to convert my headlights to HID to have that nice look! which ones do i go for and where do i get it?

Back