Performance Modifications for CX-5 2.2L Diesel?

:
CX-5, 2.2 Diesel, 2013
Hi Guys, I wanted to know if there are any companies or people out there with success modifying intake intercooler, plumbing and exhaust plus remapping the ECU for higher levels of performance, I'm about to embark on this sort of adventure and would love to learn from others that have done similar with real results, I have a local tuner that can do a remap, I just wondered about the merits of upgrading the other hardware first as described above. Any info, Links etc to people doing skyactive diesel mods would be appreciated , Cheers Dwayne - Mazstyle

Did hear some news from the UK about a piggyback for the SkyA-D 2.2. It's been a few months though.

I frequent the German site often partly due to the reasons mentions above, its also good for local info as many Swiss are members and I speak German. However, ECU remapping is still in its infancy so there actually isnt much info yet so you will probably have to be patient....or learn Japanese and check their forums!

Last edited:
Hi All...

Having my old Dashhawk OBD data logger from my CX7 installed on my CX5 diesel has been quite an "eye opener."

For starters, it registers about 24PSI as the maximum boost pressure. Now that's pretty high. Have a look at the dual turbo on the motor, and you'll see that it's a fair size.

Apart from this, the car has a front mount intercooler, that is WAY better than the old CX7 top mount. The temps through the FMIC are literally only a few degrees above ambient I have monitored the temps. And that is good in anyone's language. I seriously would not even worry about the intercooler at this point.

Ecu

I think the ECU is a Denso? If so, or if it's a Bosch there is alrady software upgrades available. New programming of the ECU would give you about 200+ hp and at least an 20% increase of NM. Need more? Hardware upgrade; more cold air, so bigger/better CAI. Then there will be issues with the dpf, especially the regeneration cycle which will go crazy and start more then often. Maybe the guys from Stohl Racing could deliver a high flow racing DPF which is used in their diesel rally cars? Exhaust? As straight as possible and 3" would be enough? I've done most of these upgrades on my other car, a Subaru Impreza Diesel. Went from 150hp to around 220, and the tourqe? Hahaha, monstrous!

So, good luck!

I'm not a tuner, but from the research I did before I bought the car I don't see that there's any real hardware mods worth doing?

I would expect a remap would be the best option, but only if none of the mechanical limits are exceeded.

The 2.2 R engine in the Santa Fe gives over 190 bhp, and around 322 pound feet of torque, so that should be achieved with ease?

Can anybody send me a link and descriptions of tuners for a 2019 2.2L diesel in the CX-5? I’d like to tune it but I’m having a hard time finding tuners or chips for this vehicle.

Back