New member and potential mazda5 buyer

:
1987 nissan 200sx sev6/ 2013 mazda 5 sport 6mt
Hey everyone! Ive recently signed up on this forums to get some insight on the mazda5. I read some positive things about the wagon/minivan and ive always been a fan when they first came out here in the US. I recently got in an accident with my civic and insurace claimed is as total loss so im basically looking for another car to replace. Im talking to two dealers at the moment and im trying to get a 6spd sport and one dealer wants 19 k and some change for one and the other is 20k. Are those prices prety good? Im in the los angeles area and theyre pretty firm on those prices and that OTD prices. Any input would be great about the car since this will be my very first mazda and will be my daily driver

Here are some pics of the cars ive had and currently have

Civic:

Nissan 200sx
Before

Current

And heres both of them together

Also had a 93 integra that lasted me for about 3years until it got stolen

So basically thats my intro and i hope to get a mazda5 soon. Plans for it is to lower it and put some rims. I dont want to go oveboard since im still working on the nissan lol

Love the S12s. I paid $19,158 ($1k under invoice) and took the 0% for 60 months. OTD was like a tad over $20k for my Sport 6MT with rear bumper protector as the only option

Price sounds about right, for local market.

Man miss my gen 2 integra and G2IC days

Thanks everyone for the inputs. That was one of the first threads i checked out to see for pricing so i would get an idea on how much they run for. My goal is to get the car for 18k otd but so far its not happening lol i just have to be patient and not rush.

When I bought mine summer of 2011, nobody wanted to negotiate, saying this is new model.

But I pitted 4 Los Angeles dealers against each other, offered cash, and got it for lower than some people are even buying it now.

^^

Been away from the Honda Scene for ever. Really tempted to get rid of my 2010 Mazdaspeed3 for a new Orange 2014 Civic Si Sedan....

I think you should keep the mazdaspeed3 imo cuz i was thinking about getting a speed3 myself lol theyre fun cars just after putting boltons and getting tuned i wanted more power lol when it had the boltons i was at 242hp 162tq on a dynapac dyno. For the newer civics the k24 is a good motor i just wanted that 8k rpm lol

So im still dealing with one dealer as of right now since the one in cerritos gave me the run around saying they had a manual but it was actually a mazda3 and star mazda in glendale i got it down to 17,995 before tax and license for a brand new 2013.

Welcome - not sure about current pricing but if you can get 19K or low 19K OTD for a sports 6-spd is good considering the salesman has to make a living :) Hope you to see your new Mazda soon :)

i'm in the LA area (sitting within walking distance of that Cerritos dealership right now) and have to say they're absolutely flexible with the prices on these rolling shoeboxes. No one's buying them, they can't give them away. You're going to get calls back from Browning 3MO after your first inquiry. if you're paying 19K OTD for a base, you're paying way too much.

i'm in the LA area (sitting within walking distance of that Cerritos dealership right now) and have to say they're absolutely flexible with the prices on these rolling shoeboxes. No one's buying them, they can't give them away. You're going to get calls back from Browning 3MO after your first inquiry. if you're paying 19K OTD for a base, you're paying way too much.
Agree 100%.

No one bought them new in 2011 summer (when they were out) and no one buying them now...

I got my then brand new 2012 Touring for a "Steal" as well

Hey your on zilvia right your sn is silviabrothers
Im pretty sure ive seen your black 200sx in eagle rock before

I have been constantly getting emails from browning that they'll beat anyones price but dont have any manuals in stock.

Ive always been a fan of the 5 but i guess there's that small group that likes them and some just doesnt give a crap about them. So far star mazda in glendale is giving me a brand new 2013 for 17,500 +tax and license. The internet sales person they really want to get rid of the car so idk how much more i can get discounted lol

Also does anyone have the sand interior? The car im looking at is meteor gray with sand interior and im not a fan of tan/brown interiors. Is it easy to clean or gets dirty quick? I have two kids so im prepping myself for all the mess they can make lol

Hey your on zilvia right your sn is silviabrothers
Im pretty sure ive seen your black 200sx in eagle rock before

Yea im on zilvia lol i dont live in eagle rock anymore but i pass by to visit my parents. The last time it was black was 3yrs ago and its been sitting at the shop since. Ive recently got the 200sx just a couple months ago

If everything goes as planned ill be lookig at the car on thursday to make my final decision.

I have that color combo. Its alright but will probably get dirty easily. Going to just get Katzkin eventually.

I have copper red with sand interior. I have had my 2012 for 3 years, and 29K miles, 2 kids.

Looks as good as the day it rolled off the showroom floor.

I’m sure this is more personal preference but I absolutely hated the black cloth interior. Looks boring and gets too hot… Beige leather is the way to go:D! It is akin to asking if Black or White is better at hiding dirt: answer is NOT black.

The only part that really gets "dirty" are the carpets. Unless you/your passengers roll in mud, seats will be ok and I would think you have seat covers/pads if they are still in car seats. Get a decent set of floor mats. I’m debating if I should invest in weathertechs. I love them in the Fit but the Mz5 came with pretty decent carpets.

The factory rubber floormats are only $50 for front and middle. They have nothing for the third row. I'm happy with mine so far.

Thanks again guys for your help. I purchased the mazda this past thursday and loving it so far. Its not fast at all since i came from my civic and used to the high reving motor. Only thing i need to get used to is the clutch since its pretty soft and i cant find that sweet spot yet where it blends and not jerk all the time lol i even stalled 3 times on the drive home.

Pics will soon be up since i havent taken pics when i got it. Is there a forum dedicated to the mazda5 so far when i was searhing this is the only informative forum i found dedicated to this platform

Back