New member and potential mazda5 buyer

I’m sure this is more personal preference but I absolutely hated the black cloth interior. Looks boring and gets too hot… Beige leather is the way to go:D! It is akin to asking if Black or White is better at hiding dirt: answer is NOT black.

The only part that really gets "dirty" are the carpets. Unless you/your passengers roll in mud, seats will be ok and I would think you have seat covers/pads if they are still in car seats. Get a decent set of floor mats. I’m debating if I should invest in weathertechs. I love them in the Fit but the Mz5 came with pretty decent carpets.

Interesting, I prefer the black cloth, and my car has the silly beige. Oh well.

I hvae the OEM floormats, no issues on them. They are low quality, but I am not paying for the weather techs, exorbinat prices.

I get clear mats online for all of my cars, and put them over my mats. So my cars stay immaculate, as do the mats.

:)

The factory rubber floormats are only $50 for front and middle. They have nothing for the third row. I'm happy with mine so far.

Same here

Is there a forum dedicated to the mazda5 so far when i was searhing this is the only informative forum i found dedicated to this platform

You are IN IT Brah ;)

There are 3-4 enthusiasts here in LA locally... I am putting the MS3 wheels on, and will be lowering it soon.

.. . Only thing i need to get used to is the clutch since its pretty soft and i cant find that sweet spot yet where it blends and not jerk all the time lol i even stalled 3 times on the drive home.

Sorry, that sweet spot doesn't exist. The numb clutch pedal with no feeling or feedback whatsoever is my main complaint with this vehicle. I consider myself (at minimum) a proficient manual trans driver (it's the only thing I've driven for nearly 20 years), but I'd say a solid 30% of take offs from stop signs or lights either involve slight over-rev with clutch slip, or bogging / jerking from clutch engagement with too few revs. Very annoying.

You are IN IT Brah ;)

There are 3-4 enthusiasts here in LA locally... I am putting the MS3 wheels on, and will be lowering it soon.

Thats my plan eventually lower it and put some rims. I have my ssr's or my enkie's pf01 from my civic to slap on the 5

Sorry, that sweet spot doesn't exist. The numb clutch pedal with no feeling or feedback whatsoever is my main complaint with this vehicle. I consider myself (at minimum) a proficient manual trans driver (it's the only thing I've driven for nearly 20 years), but I'd say a solid 30% of take offs from stop signs or lights either involve slight over-rev with clutch slip, or bogging / jerking from clutch engagement with too few revs. Very annoying.

You got it right on the dot lol i thought it was drivers error glad to know it isnt just me but i am getting used to it though

Thats my plan eventually lower it and put some rims. I have my ssr's or my enkie's pf01 from my civic to slap on the 5

NIce! I have SSR Viennas on on my Lexus LS460L and love them. Great company. Used to have other SSR on my Integra back in the day.

Nice to see a local member :)

I must eat my words. I can unequivocally say the tan “cloth” found in the +’12 model is a BAD. It is terrible (rental car this week).

I still stand by tan “leather” being the best option.. on the 1st gen.

Last edited:
I must eat my words. I can unequivocally say the tan “cloth” found in the +’12 model is a BAD. It is terrible (rental car this week).

I still stand by tan “leather” being the best option.. on the 1st gen.

Ao far ive been really careful on the seats not to get dirty but since you have one as a rental ita mkaing me think otherwise

NIce! I have SSR Viennas on on my Lexus LS460L and love them. Great company. Used to have other SSR on my Integra back in the day.

Nice to see a local member :)

Yea ssr's are light weight and strong. Now that ive been researching the specs on the ssr's (18x8.5 +48) seems like it might rub when i lower it. Seems like i would either need to roll or put negative camber for it not to rub but we'll see im still enjoying it being stock and loving the car so far

And here are some pics i took

If you want lightweight wheels, I'd double check your SSR Vienna choice. Some notes from the SRS lineup is pretty light, but the Viennas look to be 22+ lbs. Not a "heavy" wheel, but true "light" 18 inch wheel will be ~17lbs, "superlight" would be down near 15lbs.

Last edited:
I should have specified which model they were. Im planning on putting the gold type-f's thats pictured on my civic last time i checked i believed they were 16 or 18lbs. They were lighter than the enkies but are little more aggressive offset than the ssr's

If you want lightweight wheels, I'd double check your SSR Vienna choice. Some notes from the SRS lineup is pretty light, but the Viennas look to be 22+ lbs. Not a "heavy" wheel, but true "light" 18 inch wheel will be ~17lbs, "superlight" would be down near 15lbs.

I don't think he was going for the Vienna.

I said I had the Vienna on my Lexus LS..which is a VIP car..and V8 can move that weight ;)

I should have specified which model they were. Im planning on putting the gold type-f's thats pictured on my civic last time i checked i believed they were 16 or 18lbs. They were lighter than the enkies but are little more aggressive offset than the ssr's

Beautiful color

Let me know before you lower. I have been thinking of what way to go and what to order (i am in no rush), maybe we can knock it out together

Beautiful color

Let me know before you lower. I have been thinking of what way to go and what to order (i am in no rush), maybe we can knock it out together

For sure. Im not in any rush either since i have 2 kids and want to enjoy being stock for now lol and i have my s12 to finish anyways.

Im not sure if i want sprigs or coilovers but i was lookin at the rear set up idk how to adjust the shocks if theh dial is on top since its being covered by the plastic

many setups put the adjuster at the bottom (mine does)

but you can also access the top of the shock easily - just pop out the rear cupholders.

For sure. Im not in any rush either since i have 2 kids and want to enjoy being stock for now lol and i have my s12 to finish anyways.

Im not sure if i want sprigs or coilovers but i was lookin at the rear set up idk how to adjust the shocks if theh dial is on top since its being covered by the plastic

I went and rode in a members car with lowering springs, and was impressed.

THough all my cars have coilovers, and no lowering springs, for this one for kids duty, I might do springs...its cheap..and effective...

many setups put the adjuster at the bottom (mine does)

but you can also access the top of the shock easily - just pop out the rear cupholders.

Thank you when i was looking at that i thought they were all one piece. God to know its an easy access. Thanks again

I went and rode in a members car with lowering springs, and was impressed.

THough all my cars have coilovers, and no lowering springs, for this one for kids duty, I might do springs...its cheap..and effective...

Yea im not sure if i want to do spring and shock combo or just get coilovers. This is my daily and the kids would be riding with me from time to time so i dont want it to be that harsh of ride

Did my first mod which window tint. Limo in the back and 35% in the front.

Also transferred my plates from the civic aswell

Back