New member and potential mazda5 buyer

Did my first mod which window tint. Limo in the back and 35% in the front.

Also transferred my plates from the civic aswell

What does FADZ mean? If I'm not mistaken isn't FA the chassis code for the Civic you used to own?

Fadz is basically a nickname that my friends gave me. Theres 5 chris' in our circle of friends so pretty much not to confuse which chris is being called we just call by our last name and my last name is fadul so pretty much no one calls me by my first name anymore and one of my friends gave all of us nickname which mine is fadz and another chris is gagz lol since his last name starts with a G. It is a coincidence that myplates matches with the civic sedan chassis code. When i was thinking of plates i did consider fad5 for the civic chassis but just went with a z instead

Jumped the gun and bought the coverking seat covers from costco.com anyone has experience with them?

I picked up my MZ5 after moving from LA to St. Louis, and the timing couldn't have been better. It was right about the time that the '13s were coming out, and they had a nice red '12 Sport 6MT advertised for a tad over $17K. It was their loss-leader, something advertised cheap to bring bodies in the door, but not something most people would want except for manual transmission diehards like myself. They offered it to me for 19, but I showed them their ad and they dropped the price another 2K. I should have asked for something in the 16s and negotiated up to their advertised price. Regardless, I got the exact car I wanted at a huge savings and I couldn't be happier with my choice. Sure, I would have liked to have the trip computer and Bluetooth, but I wasn't about to give up the manual gearbox. I've since added those items, as well as a Harman Kardon iPod interface, and my cash outlay for those three items has been less than $100. I love this car and have no plans to replace it; supplement, perhaps, but not replace.

^^

Lived in St Louis for 3 years, miss it.

Yeah the manual trans Mazda5s are dirt cheap. They are always in the 17s locally without negotating.

Good car.

Got the chance to install the coverking seat covers and theyre pretty good. Install was pretty simple and straight forward and the middle row was the eqsiest to install. It took about an 2hrs since i had a little bump on the road for the 3rd row. Im uploading pics so itll be up soon. Also installed the pedals. Method is ghetto though and i wouldnt recommend on doing it lol

I picked up my MZ5 after moving from LA to St. Louis, and the timing couldn't have been better. It was right about the time that the '13s were coming out, and they had a nice red '12 Sport 6MT advertised for a tad over $17K. It was their loss-leader, something advertised cheap to bring bodies in the door, but not something most people would want except for manual transmission diehards like myself. They offered it to me for 19, but I showed them their ad and they dropped the price another 2K. I should have asked for something in the 16s and negotiated up to their advertised price. Regardless, I got the exact car I wanted at a huge savings and I couldn't be happier with my choice. Sure, I would have liked to have the trip computer and Bluetooth, but I wasn't about to give up the manual gearbox. I've since added those items, as well as a Harman Kardon iPod interface, and my cash outlay for those three items has been less than $100. I love this car and have no plans to replace it; supplement, perhaps, but not replace.

Im enjoying the car aswell. When i was shopping around i didnt mind about the options that the touring or grand touring had except for the spoiler, sideskirts, hid lights and fog lights. Ill be adding those in the near future. Im just enjoying it being stock since its comfortable and working at 2 hospitals doesnt help either since i have no time to do mods lol

Here are the pics of the seat covers and pedals

Fronts:

Middle

3rd row

The third row was by far the hardest to put on since theres these clips that would hook into the back cushion and you would really have to stretch them and hook it on. This took two people(one pulling on the fabric while the other would clip). Also the stitching came off on the bottom cushion for the 3rd row when i was tightening it luckly my uncle who came by snd helped knew how to sew and stitched a stronger thread.

All in all it took about 1.5 hrs with that mishap for the 3rd row. If eveything would have went smoothly itll prob take an hr. So far im satisfied with the covers. I still have to do some adjustments to make it more a tighter fit. I was actually rushing it since it was a hot day and tired from work.

3rd row folded down with covers

Ghetto rigged Sports pedals lol

Didnt want these to lay around so i figured i would put them into use. Basically i used gorilla glue and heavy duty double sided tape and surprisingly its holding up pretty good. Theres barely any movement lol next will be the window visors. Im hoping it will be some what easy since i installed visors on my civic and my brothers versa. Both had clips and im assuming the oem mazdas have the clips aswell

Decided to change out my shift knob since i had this on my s12 and might aswell put it into use.

I didnt have the skills or patience either but its self explanitory. Front and middle can be done 30mins tops. It took me a little longer cuz i was reading the instruction and the instructions they gave me were all the same for all three rows

Well worth it IF going through costco lol

How much did you get it for and which version did you get? If you got the neoprene version for anything above $400, contact Costco ,they might refund the difference. They did for me.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I went through costco. I was refering to being worth it going through them. If i went directly to coverking i would have gotten rape price. The material i believe is neo prene whatever the option was when going through costco

I went through costco. I was refering to being worth it going through them. If i went directly to coverking i would have gotten rape price. The material i believe is neo prene whatever the option was when going through costco

Right, I got it for $500 last month. This month, there is a coupon, bringing the price down to $400. So I called Costco and they credited me the difference.

They rasied the prices on costco now? I spent $300 through costco. Did you get another material?

They rasied the prices on costco now? I spent $300 through costco. Did you get another material?

Hmmm.. Did you get the veloci-vent or wet suit? I got the wet suit for $500 around mid August, it dropped this month.

4y9aga4y.jpg

I got the veloci-vent. How do you like the wetsuit? I yhought about that before purchasing the veloci vent?

Back