Heated Steering Wheel

:
2017 CX5 AWD Touring
The way manufacturers get people into the market is by upgrading new models with different options that weren't available the prior year.

For example, one can get a 2018 GT with all the bells and whistles but then for 2019 Mazda might come out with cooled seats, front cameras, 2.5L turbo charged engine, Napa Leather option for the CX5, etc.

This then makes the 2019 "better" or more appealing and the 2018 optioned out model is no longer as appealing. That's how the game works. All manufacturers do this.

The 2016 vs 2017 is the biggest jump in options and features. The sound deadening, HUD, power lift gate, are the biggest features that appealed to many buyers. The 2017 to 2018 had some minor upgrades, while some questionable upgrades like cylinder deactivation were added. 2019 should bring another big features jump

Last edited:
:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
Don't think there will be a major features bump around 2019 as the new one is due circa 2020

:
'16.5 JBM CX-5 AWD GT tech, '19 Veloster N
Other than the diesel that just got carb certification:)..idk about that X- Mazda was pretty relentless in rolling in changes/enhancements throughout gen1's lifecycle so we'll have to see..heated wheel def wouldn't surprise me nor would full on reserve and/or signature trim addition.

:
Other than the diesel that just got carb certification:)..idk about that X- Mazda was pretty relentless in rolling in changes/enhancements throughout gen1's lifecycle so we'll have to see..heated wheel wouldn't surprise me, full on reserve or signature trim addition wouldn't either.

If they add another trim, it might be around be just before new generation arrives... last hurrah for KF

:
Carless
I always used to place a towel over my leather seat when left it was left under the blazing hot sun and when I would return, the seat was fine.

Mazda Australia does sell seat covers that as you can see in the photo, do fit on leather seats which could help in summer:

1gq64i.jpg

These look awesome as i was looking for some rear seat covers, do you know of a dealership that would ship to USA?

:
These look awesome as i was looking for some rear seat covers, do you know of a dealership that would ship to USA?

Sorry but none do to my knowledge.

You can always send an email query to a dealer of better still to Mazda Australia HQ.

Last edited:
:
2017 CX5 AWD Touring
Speaking of which, Mazda just got US approval for the EPA diesel on the CX5. So probably by years end there will be a 2019 CX5 diesel out in the USA. Also rumor is out that it will feature a "Signature" edition which will have the Napa Leather interior.

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

In case this helps, a few years back I ordered a set of rear headrests from a Mazda dealership in England. It was all very easy and the payment/shipping process went extremely well. On the chance that these same seat covers are sold in England as well as Australia, you could contact the guy I used to check it out.

Here is his contact info:
Email: Andrew Fisher <andrewf@mazda-cars.com>

EnglishMazda.jpg

:
2018 CX5 GT AWD, 2002 Miata
My guess is a lot of people get nervous at the numbers when making a major purchase. Its usually a sign they are spending way beyond their comfort zone.

In my case, this was the first fully loaded car Ive bought in my lifetime. I usually go for mid trim models. I can say though that I dont regret it at all. Things that were frivolous or unnecessary have turned out to be really nice to have. I would do it again if the situation arose.

Agreed. The premium package is what, $1,400? Depending on the model you pick, we are talking an increase between 4-6% to get fully loaded.

The fully loaded will sell quicker, you'll enjoy it more, and you won't have to think about why you didn't get that heated steering wheel, or your friends/colleagues won't complain about how they can't heat their butt in the back seat.

How anyone spends 25K + and is worried about an additional 5% or $1,400 to get the loaded is beyond me.

:
2017 CX5 AWD Touring
Agreed. The premium package is what, $1,400? Depending on the model you pick, we are talking an increase between 4-6% to get fully loaded.

The fully loaded will sell quicker, you'll enjoy it more, and you won't have to think about why you didn't get that heated steering wheel, or your friends/colleagues won't complain about how they can't heat their butt in the back seat.

How anyone spends 25K + and is worried about an additional 5% or $1,400 to get the loaded is beyond me.

I will emphasize once again, the jump from a Touring to a Grand Touring is about $6,000 (avg), not $1,400.

$26k Touring with PEP
$32k Grand Touring with Premium

Generally speaking that's how the numbers work out. It's NOT $1,400 difference between a fully loaded and Touring.

I will emphasize once again, the jump from a Touring to a Grand Touring is about $6,000 (avg), not $1,400.

$26k Touring with PEP

Generally speaking that's how the numbers work out. It's NOT $1,400 difference between a fully loaded and Touring.

I’m trying to figure how you came up with that number. Pricing a 2018 CX5 AWD on Mazda’s website the Touring with PP comes to $29700 (rounded). The GT with PP comes to $32000. That’s a $2300 difference.

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+

$26k Touring with PEP

Lbear, the $1400 quoted was [more or less] the price to upgrade to PEP on the same level of trim, NOT to jump from Touring to GT. You're talking about final price for different models, while others are talking about incremental price jumps for option packages.

Please post your calculations. On the US website today, the difference between a 2018 Touring and GT both with PEP is $3625. The difference between the 17s is $4530. And on the 17s, if you ordered the PEP, you couldn't order the "touring i-activsense package", so you really were getting a lot more content with the GT. To my mind, the loaded 17 GT was the best VALUE, despite costing more. That's an individual decision.