Search results

1. M

2013 CX-5 rear brake caliper replacement

The right rear caliper on my wife's 2013 CX-5 Touring seized after 110k miles and left the pads/rotor in a metal-on-metal state. I followed the excellent rear brake pad/rotor replacement guide at Paul's Travel Pictures for the majority of the procedure. I'm posting this thread to add some info...
  2. M

2013~2016 New-to-me 2013 CX-5 - Maintenance baseline

After 13 1/2 years of owning manual trans Mazda5s, I just picked up a 2013 CX-5 AWD Touring with 90k miles. Although the car seems well cared for and the seller seemed honest, I don't have a real maintenance history on the car. I've read through many of the postings on here, and put together...
  3. M

2008 Mazda5 Touring - 5 SPEED MANUAL

Selling our 2008 Mazda5 Touring with manual transmission. The Basics: 2008 Mazda5. Silver with Black Cloth Interior. Touring Package (Leather steering wheel, glass moonroof, fog lights). 5-speed manual transmission. 120k miles. We bought this off lease from the original owner/lessee in...
  4. M

Power steering causes car to die

Our '08 MZ5 needed a jump the other morning, then wouldn't stay running. Today, I re-jumped it, and confirmed that the alternator is doing its job -- 14v across the terminals. When I went to take it for a spirited drive to deep charge, it died as soon as I turned the steering wheel and...
  5. M

WTB: OEM 16s from Mazda3

With or without tires. Preferably within pickup distance of NJ/NYC area.
  6. M

Input wanted: Buy used '08 or new '09?

Hi folks. We sold our 5-speed '06 Sport last week, and are looking at 2 potential replacements (both are silver): Option 1 is a 2008 Touring model with a 5-speed (yes, it really is an '08 Touring with a 5-speed). It has 37k miles, and is listed at $13,500. It's got some cosmetic issues, but...
  7. M

Feeler: '06 Mazda5 5-speed 29k miles $10k (NJ)

SOLD Full post here: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123730590
  8. M

Feeler: '06 Mazda5 5-speed 29k miles $10k (NJ)

SOLD We're pondering upgrading to an '09, so we're testing the market for our current 5. Carbon Gray Mica with black cloth interior. Purchased new in April 2006. Now has just under 29k miles. The only options on the car are: fog lights, front mud guards, rear bumper step plate and wheel...
  9. M

10-lbs of crap in a 5-lb car

2 adults, 2 kids and 2 australian shepherds on a one-week vacation to the Jersey shore. The dogs got the best of it, as they had the entire area behind the 2nd row all to themselves. Exterior storage comes courtesy of: factory roof rack, Yak box (Craigslist), Curt 1 1/4" Hitch (e-trailer.com)...
  10. M

WTB: stock 16s

For use as snows on my '06 5. As long as they're straight and true, cosmetic condition is not a priority. The cheaper, and closer to NJ the better. Let me know what you've got.
  11. M

Anyone else get a free muffler tip with recall?

I bought my '06 5 in late April '06 -- supposedly AFTER the major exhaust recall. After having tackled the first couple oil changes myself, I took the car to the dealer for: 1) the sliding door latch recall; 2) a basic oil change and 3) the TSB for the suspension creak. The latch recall &...
  12. M

Individual stock wheels/tires for sale

Individual stock wheels/tires for sale -- All SOLD SOLD Any interest in these individually? Pick up one as an emergency spare, or to replace a damaged wheel. Here are the details: Stock OEM 17" wheels with the stock 205/50/17 Toyos. The wheels/tires were removed from the car with 6700...
  13. M

16x6.5 55mm offset?

Will these wheels fit a 5 with 205/55/16 tires? If I were a betting man, I'd say yes, but does anyone have any real life experience? Thanks in advance,
  14. M

FS: OEM 17" Mazda5 wheels/tires

SOLD See the main For Sale forum for details. http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123651938
  15. M

FS: 17" OEM Mazda5 wheels/tires

SOLD I "upgraded" to 16" Mazda3 wheels on my 5, so I'm listing the OEM 17s for sale. The wheels/tires have 6700 miles on them. Two of the wheels are in perfect condition. One has a tiny spot of curb rash. One has two areas of curb rash. The tires are the stock 205/50/17 Toyo A18s. 2 of...
Back