Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr5ive

Mr5ive
:
'13 CX5 Touring
Individual stock wheels/tires for sale -- All SOLD

SOLD

Any interest in these individually? Pick up one as an emergency spare, or to replace a damaged wheel. Here are the details:

Stock OEM 17" wheels with the stock 205/50/17 Toyos. The wheels/tires were removed from the car with 6700 miles in favor of a 16" setup. Two of the wheels are in perfect condition. Asking $125/each for those. One of the wheels has some minor curb rash. Asking $100 for that one. I'll keep the fourth one as an emergency spare.

See my original post for pics. I can also email closeup pics if interested.
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123651938
Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• IMG_6606.JPG
    IMG_6606.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_6607.JPG
    IMG_6607.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Will you sell just one ? Is the one with curb rash a RHS or LHS ?
I am looking to get a RHS one..

Would you consider shipping to Ontario, Canada ?

boytoys said:

Reminds me of the time I got a piece of glass cut at Home Depot. The guy asked me which side I wanted to be 9" and which side I wanted to be 12"....(dunno)

boytoys said:

I would sell just one, but I'm not sure what you mean by "RHS or LHS." The stock wheels are the same for each side of the car.

Shipping to Mississauga would be approximately $50USD by FedEx Ground.

I guess if they're mounted with tires that are directional - wouldn't they be meant for one side or the other? I haven't looked at the stock toyos recently, as I have my winter tires on now, but are they directional?

Mr5ive said:
I would sell just one, but I'm not sure what you mean by "RHS or LHS." The stock wheels are the same for each side of the car.

Shipping to Mississauga would be approximately $50USD by FedEx Ground.

Wasn't there one that has a nail in one of them ? I want to buy either one or two for my wife's Mazda5. Wife's Mazda5 has a deformation of the stock Toyo tire (with similar mileage), on the sidewall which my Mazda service advisor says is not covered by warranty.

Mr5ive
I am interested but i dont want the one with nail and/or curb rash.

As for RHS/LHS, i thought the stock Toyos are directional, hence i thought it's need to be the exact right hand side.. In any case, I prefer a newer one with 6000 Miles on it.

Anymore pictures for me to see. Please Reply with type of payment preferred.

boytoys said:
Wife's Mazda5 has a deformation of the stock Toyo tire (with similar mileage), on the sidewall which my Mazda service advisor says is not covered by warranty.

I would call Toyo. They should cover the tire. I had a set of BF Goodrich tires on my GTO replaced at 8,700 miles because of the inability for them to be road force balanced, so I would guess a malformation would definitly be covered. It would at least be worth an email or a phone call to find out. By the way, Pontiac told me they wouldn't cover the tire problem, but BFG steped right up to the plate, and those were US$175.00/each tires.

The stock Toyo A18s aren't directional, so they can be used on either side of the car. The wheels/tires were removed with 6762 miles. I'm keeping the worst wheel/tire as an emergency spare. That one has curb rash and a nail in the tire. Two of the wheels have no curb rash.

I don't have any more pictures at the moment, but I could take more if you like. I can take payment by Paypal or Money Order.

boytoys said:
Wasn't there one that has a nail in one of them ? I want to buy either one or two for my wife's Mazda5. Wife's Mazda5 has a deformation of the stock Toyo tire (with similar mileage), on the sidewall which my Mazda service advisor says is not covered by warranty.

Mr5ive
I am interested but i dont want the one with nail and/or curb rash.

As for RHS/LHS, i thought the stock Toyos are directional, hence i thought it's need to be the exact right hand side.. In any case, I prefer a newer one with 6000 Miles on it.

Anymore pictures for me to see. Please Reply with type of payment preferred.

Haven't tried it myself, but I'd have to say no. From memory, the owner's manual says that, after changing a flat, you'll have to strap the full size flat to the back of the 3rd row seat to transport it home.

Wuster said:
Do you know if the 17" wheel will fit into the spare tire well?

On ebay - $50/no reserve.

Mr5ive said:
Haven't tried it myself, but I'd have to say no. From memory, the owner's manual says that, after changing a flat, you'll have to strap the full size flat to the back of the 3rd row seat to transport it home.

Mr5ive said:
On ebay - $50/no reserve.

Is there any way you can figure shipping to 76063? That is, if you have one left that is free of curb rash. My wife scraped one of mine.

Matt

Shipping would be $24 by FedEx Ground. I have one that's not yet listed on ebay that only has some surface scratches on one of the spokes. The tire has slightly less than 8/32" tread remaining. How's $125 shipped?

4b2a_1.JPG

MD5 said:
Is there any way you can figure shipping to 76063? That is, if you have one left that is free of curb rash. My wife scraped one of mine.

Matt

MazdaMook said:
Why would you switch to 16" tires? Won't the speedometer be off since the circumerence of the tire is different?

I switched to 16s for better ride quality, and because the NJ roads I drive on have lots of potholes. The Michelins that I switched to have the same dry grip as the stock Toyos, but are MUCH better in the wet.

I'm running 205/55/16 tires, so the tires' diameter is almost exactly the same as the stock 205/50/17 tires. (24.9" vs. 25.1") Any speedometer error is negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back