10-lbs of crap in a 5-lb car

Mr5ive

Mr5ive
:
'13 CX5 Touring
loaded5.jpg

2 adults, 2 kids and 2 australian shepherds on a one-week vacation to the Jersey shore. The dogs got the best of it, as they had the entire area behind the 2nd row all to themselves. Exterior storage comes courtesy of: factory roof rack, Yak box (Craigslist), Curt 1 1/4" Hitch (e-trailer.com) and Thule 4-bike rack (ebay).

You've added enough length to qualify as a "Full sized" minivan! Also, you might have created enough drag to get "true" minivan fuel economy. well done chap!

All true, but once unloaded, the 5 was much better-suited for zipping around, and parking with ease. We got 22mpg for the trip down, plus a week of around-town driving.

You've added enough length to qualify as a "Full sized" minivan! Also, you might have created enough drag to get "true" minivan fuel economy. well done chap!

You must travel light.

I went skiing at Santa Fe NM w/ 4 onboard. I had 3rd row seat completely removed for luggages (blocked 1/2 of side & back windows). Had to put 20+ lb to level the car.

You must travel light.

I went skiing at Santa Fe NM w/ 4 onboard. I had 3rd row seat completely removed for luggages (blocked 1/2 of side & back windows). Had to put 20+ lb to level the car.

Skiiing clothes take up a lot more space than beach clothes ;)

Back