Anyone else get a free muffler tip with recall?

Mr5ive

Mr5ive
:
'13 CX5 Touring
I bought my '06 5 in late April '06 -- supposedly AFTER the major exhaust recall. After having tackled the first couple oil changes myself, I took the car to the dealer for: 1) the sliding door latch recall; 2) a basic oil change and 3) the TSB for the suspension creak.

The latch recall & oil change went according to plan. The dealer (supposedly -- I haven't had been under the car to confirm for my doubting self) replaced the control arms, but not the sway bar bushings due to national backorder on the bushings.

However the most surprising thing is that they said they also did the exhaust recall -- in 2007 -- long after the recall was supposed to have been completed. Since I have a 5-speed, I wasn't terribly concerned as to the exhaust recall, but I'm pleasantly surprised to have a new chrome exhaust tip that wasn't there before.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Last edited:
My 5 had the exhaust recall done before I picked it up. It too came with a chrome exhaust tip, and a sticker on the passenger side firewall that indicated an exhaust modification was made.

Back