Search results

1. E

OV tune review/report

Early last month I decided to get my car tuned through Matt at orange virus. Getting things set up in the beginning with the software and the tactrix cable took some time and back and forth emails (Matt's nearly instant email replies really helped prevent frustration here) until I successfully...
  2. E

high visc motor oil

Has anyone had experience with higher viscosity motor oils in the 2? I only had 3 qts of 0w-20 at my last oil change and used some 0w-40 I had laying around to top it off. I figured with it being the summer it wouldn't hurt, but I'm curious as to what results others have found going to higher visc.
  3. E

tactrix/MazdaEdit

None of the templates in my flash utility say mazda2, and I wonder if that's why none worked when I attempted the data dump from the ecu. Anyone else have this issue when using the MazdaEdit software?
  4. E

plug gap

Can someone with a FSM tell me what the proper gap should be? I just picked up some ngk iridium ix plugs to throw in before I get a tune done and want to make sure they are properly gapped. Internet says .044" but I don't consider parts store websites a credible source.
  5. E

Corksport adjustable dampers and Racing Beat springs

Corksport adjustable dampers and Racing Beat springs Racing Beat springs lower the car just under an inch and are 20% stiffer than stock. The Corksport adjustable shocks and struts work well with stock and lowering springs. Turn the knob counter clockwise for a super comfy ride, or clockwise...
  6. E

antenna reception upgrade

Anyone have experience with an aftermarket antenna replacement with better reception than OEM? I get spotty reception of my favorite station and would love to hear it clearly around town.
  7. E

WTB: mazda2 bilstein coilovers

Looking for a used set of bilstein coilovers. I'm not in a rush so i someone plans on removing them in a month or 2 let me know.
  8. E

Grm

So who's '14 is that I saw in the new GRM? Looks good!
  9. E

fatcat bumpstops

If anyone has used these I'd like to know which version (the rears are available soft and firm) and how they affected the car. I'll likely be swapping springs soon and am trying to decide whether to spend money on the FCM stops or just cut the OE units. Also, if anyone used something else with a...
  10. E

OE battery life expectancy

How long has everyone's original battery lasted? Mine is over 3 years old, and I'm thinking of getting a budget internet AGM battery before it dies on me and I'm stuck with whatever is in stock locally.
  11. E

rusty brake caliper pistons

Swapped pads for the first time @ 36k miles, and I noticed there is a bunch of rust inside the brake pistons. The units on my 16 year old miata look better. Anyone else notice this?
  12. E

shoes

How long have the OE brake shoes lasted you guys? I'm doing front pads soon, and just curious if I need to worry about the rear. I've never had a car with drums before. Is there a quick/easy way to inspect them?
  13. E

rattling heat shields

The heat shielding over the rear section of exhaust has developed a very annoying rattle at idle lately. Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder how much extra heat will come into the trunk and back seat area if I remove them. Inconveniently, the couple times I put the rear on ramps to try...
  14. E

brake pad/shoe reviews

Nothing like this exists yet (that I've seen) here, and my OE pads are getting low. My 2 is mainly a spirited daily driver that sees a mountain run once a month or so. I have another car for track stuff, so I'm looking for something with dust and fade resistance no worse than stock and pedal...
  15. E

ecsta 4x vs 4x ii

Anybody try either (or both)? The 4x seems to be good for an a/s, and the 4x ii descriptions says longer life and better wet/snow traction. I am really just interested in knowing if dry traction has gone down with the new version. For some reason I'm contemplating going with a 185/55 tire...I'm...
  16. E

Derrick / CS Mazda2 is famous!

Derrick and the CS 2 is the first pic on the mazdaspeed site! Congrats! http://www.mazdamotorsports.com
  17. E

hawk street/race

Anyone try these, or hear a 1st hand review? Aimed right at street/track cars. http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance-street/pads/high-performance-street-race
  18. E

2012 Mazda 5 Sport 6MT - SOLD

2012 Mazda 5 Sport 6MT This is my wife's 2012 Mazda 5 Sport 6MT that we bought new 2 summers ago. We are selling because she wanted a pickup truck. It's in good condition, and I've added a larger Mazdaspeed 3 rear swaybar, bushings, and upgraded Moog endlinks. Good tires - Falken Azenis PT722...
  19. E

Hankook TDZ221

Anyone order a set yet? They come in a 195-55-15 (ughdance) Discount tire sells 'em so you can get a super grippy cheap setup if you wait for a sale and they'll fit perfect on the 15x7.5 konigs they have. http://www.hankooktire.com/global/competition-cars-tires/hankook-ventus-td-z221.html...
  20. E

urethane exhaust mount

Anybody using stiffer exhaust mounts with the stock rubber motor mounts? I was thinking of trying some extra-long urethane mounts from kartboy or torque solution in hopes of eliminating the rattling I get from my exhaust (pics my corksport exhaust fittment thread). I've used some in the past on...
Back