urethane exhaust mount

eyeballs

:
2012 Mazda 2 Touring SG 5MT
Anybody using stiffer exhaust mounts with the stock rubber motor mounts? I was thinking of trying some extra-long urethane mounts from kartboy or torque solution in hopes of eliminating the rattling I get from my exhaust (pics my corksport exhaust fittment thread). I've used some in the past on other cars but the motor mounts were always upgraded.

So both torque solutions and kartboy carry the longer mounts, but the smallest size is 12mm. Our cars need 10mm. For now I'm using the 12mm torque solution mounts with electrical tape wrapped around the metal hanger rods. They have a 10mm mount but its actually shorter than the OEM pieces.

Does anyone know where I can find long urethane mounts with 10mm holes?

Well the one thing I have done to help prevent things from Moving on my Miata is to put a hose clamp on the outside of the hanger. It stiffens it up so it can't move around as much. Not saying it will fix it, but it might help. also how about taking tin snips to the heat shield it is hitting?

I thought about hose clamps, but or now with the electical tape the 12mm long mounts sit pretty snug. Unfortunately it wasn't only the heat shield causing the clearance issue.

Now that nothing seems to be rattling I may just have a shop re-center the exhaust tip, as it sits a good bit below the bumper.

Back