Engine Additives and Warranty Coverage

:
2017 Mazda 6 Sport
I was looking up warranty coverage for Mazda Colombia because of Pitter's post about issues she was having. I found the warranty booklet for Mazda Colombia and saw it has a section on engine additives. This a Google Translate copy/paste (pg 66)

https://www.mazda.com.co/globalassets/owners/garantia/libro/libro_informacion_garantia.pdf?

10. Fuel system cleaner
Fuel System Cleaner is an additive for use in Mazda vehicles with a
gasoline [engine], especially recommended for those with Skyactiv technology.
The additive specified by the brand guarantees the perfect functioning of the engine and maintains
deposits in injectors, valves and the combustion chamber. Non-use leads to loss of
warranty on all fuel system components.

Use fuel system cleaner at scheduled maintenance every 10,000
kilometres. However, if the vehicle is exposed to the following conditions, it is advisable
use the product every 5,000 kilometers.
• Short trips that do not allow the engine to reach normal operating temperature.
• Frequent starting and stopping conditions, such as those encountered in very busy urban traffic.
congested.
• Long periods of idling engine operation.
Has anyone ever seen something like this before? That not using an engine additive will void part of the warranty?

I was looking up warranty coverage for Mazda Colombia because of Pitter's post about issues she was having. I found the warranty booklet for Mazda Colombia and saw it has a section on engine additives. This a Google Translate copy/paste (pg 66)

https://www.mazda.com.co/globalassets/owners/garantia/libro/libro_informacion_garantia.pdf?

Has anyone ever seen something like this before? That not using an engine additive will void part of the warranty?
I would rather have a fluent Spanish speaker translate that passage. The fractured English and the conflicting language ("recommended" vs. required for warranty maintenance), together with the fact that a requirement is highly implausible, would indicate something was lost in translation.

well I have seen something simillar on other brands for other countries where fuel is notoriously bad. That and octane booster too.
Its semi fact that bad fuel is bad for DI engines. Faster clogging of injectors and carbon build. So who knows may be that has some part in the warranty warning.

Different rules for different countries. Mazda says the U.S. 2.5 NA CX-5 can only tow 2,000 pounds, while a 2nd gen CX-5, with a smaller engine, in Europe is good for up to 4,409 pounds (2,000 kg).

full

well I have seen something simillar on other brands for other countries where fuel is notoriously bad. That and octane booster too.
Its semi fact that bad fuel is bad for DI engines. Faster clogging of injectors and carbon build. So who knows may be that has some part in the warranty warning.

I wonder what brand/product of Fuel Additive Mazda recommends or requires in Colombia. Maybe @Pitter can ask the dealer and tell us.

Back