CX-5 Lock/Unlock Question

:
2017 CX-5 GT Tech
Recently replaced my wife's 2017 CX-5 GT (accident) with a 2020 CX-5 GT.

The locks behave differently, when I approach the vehicle with FOB in pocket and the doors locked I used to be able to press once on the request switch (button on handle) and the driver's door would unlock. (press twice to unlock all the doors), on the 2020 when I do this the doors LOCK (single press), I have to press twice to unlock the drivers door?

How do I get this back to the way the 2017 worked, I changed the setting in infotainment system but the behavior doesn't change.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks....

The locks behave differently, when I approach the vehicle with FOB in pocket and the doors locked I used to be able to press once on the request switch (button on handle) and the driver's door would unlock. (press twice to unlock all the doors), on the 2020 when I do this the doors LOCK (single press), I have to press twice to unlock the drivers door?

How do I get this back to the way the 2017 worked, I changed the setting in infotainment system but the behavior doesn't change.

Many thanks....
Seems odd, my '21 behaves like your '17

Many thanks....
On your '17 you could select those settings through the infotainment center, correct? I know mine used to require two presses to open all doors, and I changed it to one press for all doors (I have a '17). Don't you have that option on the newer ones?

My '17 behaves exactly like my '22 under the same setting.
OP's problem is strange.
Maybe a trip to dealer is needed.

Sorry, I had missed the last sentence on the OP's question. Ah, reading comprehension eluded me. Yup, that’s weird.

On your '17 you could select those settings through the infotainment center, correct? I know mine used to require two presses to open all doors, and I changed it to one press for all doors (I have a '17). Don't you have that option on the newer ones?
Yes the option is there but it doesn't change the behavior in the 2020 for some reason, frustrating. I'll have to check with the dealer.

I think one of the door-locked sensor is mal-functioning.
Not door-ajar. Door-locked.
On 1st click, ECU detects one of the doors is unlocked, so it tries to lock all.
On 2nd click, ECU knows this is the 2nd click based on small time diff from 1st click, so it tries to unlock instead of locking.

My best guess. ;)

I think one of the door-locked sensor is mal-functioning.
Not door-ajar. Door-locked.
On 1st click, ECU detects one of the doors is unlocked, so it tries to lock all.
On 2nd click, ECU knows this is the 2nd click based on small time diff from 1st click, so it tries to unlock instead of locking.

My best guess. ;)
That was my thinking also. It doesn't make sense that it would take two clicks to just open the drivers door. It does sound like it thinks (I know cars can't think) that a door is unlocked so it goes right to lock all.

Back