2017~2024 Another question on adding LOC, AMP and Sub (CX-5)

Hi, I have a 2022 Non bose CX5. Hate the sound system and planning on upgrading.
Read through multiple post and guides and just have a couple of questions.

I am planning on upgrading the door speakers and tweeter in the future.
Right now planning on adding powered sub, amp & loc.
Planning on getting the LC7i, 4channel amp ( 1 to front, 1 to rear & 2 for sub).

From my understanding, you have to tap the wires from TAU to LOC to Amp to speaker & sub.
My question will be, will the amp be able to get power from the LOC?
I do not have any sub, so will LC7i be able to get bass into the sub?
Also can the amp power the powered sub?
Lastly how do i connect the amp to the speakers? Like where do i bypass the factory amp?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

My question will be, will the amp be able to get power from the LOC?

I'm assuming you mean remote control power to turn the amps on. Yes it provides that. However, the amps themselves will still need a heavy gauge power wire ran all the way back to the battery.
I do not have any sub, so will LC7i be able to get bass into the sub?

It absolutely will provide an RCA output specifically to run a subwoofer. The LC7i doesn't have a built-in crossover though, so you'll still need to use either a DSP (recommended) or many amps have their own built-in crossovers. So that's not really a huge issue.
Also can the amp power the powered sub?

No! A powered sub already has its own internal amplifier! There is no need for an extra amp in that case! You only need an extra amp to run a traditional non-powered sub.
Lastly how do i connect the amp to the speakers? Like where do i bypass the factory amp?

I wasn't aware that the standard stereos even had an outboard amplifier. But, here's how this guy pulled it off. You'll need a PAC AEOM-MAZ2 t-harness to keep from cutting any factory harnesses. That interface will come with it's own little blue LOC. Don't use it, because you're using the much superior AudioControl.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming you mean remote control power to turn the amps on. Yes it provides that. However, the amps themselves will still need a heavy gauge power wire ran all the way back to the battery.

It absolutely will provide an RCA output specifically to run a subwoofer. The LC7i doesn't have a built-in crossover though, so you'll still need to use either a DSP (recommended) or many amps have their own built-in crossovers. So that's not really a huge issue.

No! A powered sub already has its own internal amplifier! There is no need for an extra amp in that case! You only need an extra amp to run a traditional non-powered sub.

I wasn't aware that the standard stereos even had an outboard amplifier. But, here's how this guy pulled it off. You'll need a PAC AEOM-MAZ2 t-harness to keep from cutting any factory harnesses. That interface will come with it's own little blue LOC. Don't use it, because you're using the much superior AudioControl.
Thanks for the update. Think i am going to leave it to the professional. Feel like too many things may go wrong

Upvote 0
Back