2017~2024 Stability Control System Braking Question

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
I understand that the Stability Control System will apply braking to individual wheels under curtain instances independent of any driver braking action. Under what type of circumstances does this occur?

I understand that the Stability Control System will apply braking to individual wheels under curtain instances independent of any driver braking action. Under what type of circumstances does this occur?
Basically any tires which starts free-spinning will get the brake applied by the TCS / SCS. SCS may also reduce the engine power if necessary.

Stability Control will brake the inside of the curve rear (and maybe the front) if you are turning and the front is sliding to help get the car going the direction you are steering.

Thank you for those replies. Sounds good. However I've gotten my CX-5 in situations several times where one front wheel spins and spins until I let up on the accelerator. In none of the situations was any wheel braking perceptible (also I tried turning of the TCS but to no avail). Fortunately I was able to back out carefully each time.

Regarding the second that sounds like an extreme cornering situation i,e. in road racing or real emergency. I don't imagine it applies to snow driving where plowing can be easily induced.

Back