Genuine Mazda CarPlay + Android Auto is Here!

:
ASH8
For 2014 on-wards Mazda 2 Genuine Mazda Car Play and Android Auto in their MZD/Mazda Connect Infotainment System.

Here again are the GENUINE Mazda Part Numbers for the required new parts..
1 x TK78-66-9U0C AUX Hub Unit.
1 x C9**-V6-605 USB Data Cable SET (2)...see READ-ME Warning.txt in Server in link.for your Part Numbers.

Plus New NA N 70.00.021B FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New EU N 70.00.021A FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New 4A N (ADR) 70.00.021A FIRMWARE....NA at the moment!

First,
MUST Install new Firmware FIRST (with Old Parts still installed).

Then you MUST Remove the Old AUX Hub and remove the Single USB Cable from old AUX Hub and up to the CMU Unit (under Display Screen).
To remove these Parts you need to remove Console, Gear Lever Surround, Gear Lever Knob, Rear Console, Side Wall Panels at front of console under dash, and the Trims around the Touch Screen and Centre Air Vents, you then need to unbolt the Screen to access the CMU under the Screen to change over the 2 NEW USB Cables, which runs down to Newly Install AUX Hub.

Once you have done this you can turn on ACC mode and CP/AA will boot up and Run.

I REPEAT....

YOU MUST Install new 70's FIRMWARE BEFORE you install the NEW Parts, those being new AUX Hub and 2 new USB Data Cables........ Your Old now Removed unused Parts MUST BE DISCARDED.

Be VERY CAREFUL IF you buy ANY of these Parts from China Sellers at the Taobao Website as ALL the modules they currently sell are
ALL OLD Stocks and are incompatible with the FIRST Official Release of 70's Mazda Firmware, You have been WARNED!
This has all been tested and failed months ago, so don't think you know more as no NEWS is New News.

.Pdf Installation Instructions of the 2 new USB Cables for all Mazda's can be found here in this link...
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware

Mazda Parts Availability..

Been told Parts Arrive @ Mazda Australia in August for a Release in September.
Mazda Motors Europe has ALL parts available now from all Mazda Dealers in Europe and UK.
Mazda USA has parts and some Dealer you can buy from, but limited stocks are ONLY meant for 2018 GL Mazda 6, More USA Stocks in December.

Many owners will want their Mazda Dealer to supply and Fit CP/AA, it is about a 1.5 Hour job, a Dealer Install for Labor and Parts ??

BTW: I am ASH8 from Mazda 3 Rev, Miata, RX-8 Forums.

thanks for posting this I will be watching and checking out local dealers here for parts availability I'm in Bangkok Thailand so just waiting for firmware to be available. I am considering doing the install myself. I'm totally excited to get this on my 2017 Mazda 2 :D

Looks like the firmware is available now!!! :) now just need to get my hands on the Hardware!!! :)
Plus New 4A N (ADR) 70.00.021A FIRMWARE

https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/4A_N%20%28ADR%29

Hi all,
My car is a 2019 Toyota Yaris, This car is a Mazda2 with the Toyota brand. The info system is the same of the Mazda. Just the Mazda logo was removed from the boot screen. I update the original 59.00.573 NA N to 70.xx. All was fine. Now I update to the las version 74.xx and its ok. But now I have the Mazda logo in the screen when the info system boots. Any help how to remove the Mazda boot logo or a firmware with no boot logo?
Thank you.

Hi all,
My car is a 2019 Toyota Yaris, This car is a Mazda2 with the Toyota brand. The info system is the same of the Mazda. Just the Mazda logo was removed from the boot screen. I update the original 59.00.573 NA N to 70.xx. All was fine. Now I update to the las version 74.xx and its ok. But now I have the Mazda logo in the screen when the info system boots. Any help how to remove the Mazda boot logo or a firmware with no boot logo?
Thank you.
Of course you will have the Mazda boot logo! You flashed Mazda firmware on it. The Toyota firmware was probably modded to remove the logo is all. You can try to see if Toyota even bothered to create their own firmware version but otherwise, I doubt you will find a way to remove the boot logo. I would recommend just ignoring it and using the firmware anyways, especially if you want android auto / apple car play

Thank you. No, Toyota is not interested in update this firmware. And yes, I order the parts and will receive its next week. Well, I will ignore the 3 seconds logo, Now I have an hybrid :), a Toyozda :).

If the region you are looking for is NA then send me a direct/private message
Hi, thanks im looking for the EU region, but thanks. Do you know if we swap the hub out if later versions can be update using the hub or do you have to swtich back in the old verison to do a update on firmware.

Hi, thanks im looking for the EU region, but thanks. Do you know if we swap the hub out if later versions can be update using the hub or do you have to swtich back in the old verison to do a update on firmware.
Procedure for getting carplay/aa:
1. Update to firmware 70-100 minimum
2. Install the hub
3. Install the cabling

You will now have Carplay and AA on your system. in the future, if you want to update again then you can do so like normal while using the new hub. The install with the old hub is a one time thing just for getting the system loaded up.

Send me a DM about the EU region and I will help you out

Hey,

My system has version 70.00.367a. I do not know why the touch screen does not respond and does not work at all. I'd love some help (I tried all the videos on YouTube, not working).

Thanks

For 2014 on-wards Mazda 2 Genuine Mazda Car Play and Android Auto in their MZD/Mazda Connect Infotainment System.

Here again are the GENUINE Mazda Part Numbers for the required new parts..
1 x TK78-66-9U0C AUX Hub Unit.
1 x C9**-V6-605 USB Data Cable SET (2)...see READ-ME Warning.txt in Server in link.for your Part Numbers.

Plus New NA N 70.00.021B FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New EU N 70.00.021A FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New 4A N (ADR) 70.00.021A FIRMWARE....NA at the moment!

First,
MUST Install new Firmware FIRST (with Old Parts still installed).

Then you MUST Remove the Old AUX Hub and remove the Single USB Cable from old AUX Hub and up to the CMU Unit (under Display Screen).
To remove these Parts you need to remove Console, Gear Lever Surround, Gear Lever Knob, Rear Console, Side Wall Panels at front of console under dash, and the Trims around the Touch Screen and Centre Air Vents, you then need to unbolt the Screen to access the CMU under the Screen to change over the 2 NEW USB Cables, which runs down to Newly Install AUX Hub.

Once you have done this you can turn on ACC mode and CP/AA will boot up and Run.

I REPEAT....

YOU MUST Install new 70's FIRMWARE BEFORE you install the NEW Parts, those being new AUX Hub and 2 new USB Data Cables........
Your Old now Removed unused Parts MUST BE DISCARDED.

Be VERY CAREFUL IF you buy ANY of these Parts from China Sellers at the Taobao Website as ALL the modules they currently sell are
ALL OLD Stocks and are incompatible with the FIRST Official Release of 70's Mazda Firmware, You have been WARNED!
This has all been tested and failed months ago, so don't think you know more as no NEWS is New News.

.Pdf Installation Instructions of the 2 new USB Cables for all Mazda's can be found here in this link...
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware

Mazda Parts Availability..

Been told Parts Arrive @ Mazda Australia in August for a Release in September.
Mazda Motors Europe has ALL parts available now from all Mazda Dealers in Europe and UK.
Mazda USA has parts and some Dealer you can buy from, but limited stocks are ONLY meant for 2018 GL Mazda 6, More USA Stocks in December.

Many owners will want their Mazda Dealer to supply and Fit CP/AA, it is about a 1.5 Hour job, a Dealer Install for Labor and Parts ??

BTW: I am ASH8 from Mazda 3 Rev, Miata, RX-8 Forums.
Hi Bro,Can I have the lates ver for Mazda Demio, I am in NZ ,but the car inpot form JP.Thanks

Back