Mazda3 2.5T N00b with a Mazda3 Turbo Sedan M3TS

Hello everyone, i have had my turbo sedan since March and just now started looking for a good community. JB4 is on preorder, and getting another set of wheels/summer tires put on next week. Future plans are to hardwire a uniden R7 RD, and a thinkware u1000 dashcam with battery so i can record while parked. Will probably add to that list once @CorkSport releases go fasterer parts,
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, @Havokk! Thanks for joining up...It would be great to see pics of your Mazda3 Turbo sedan. The Mazda3 looks fantastic and with that turbo engine option, makes for a great combination.

Love the mods you have planned, it would awesome if you could keep us and this thread updated...I know I'm looking forward to see how your M3TS comes along...😁

6503C726-DB73-4C35-9DFB-3F834EA4778F.jpeg

She is a bit dusty, and for some reason the browser will only upload one pic at a time. The wheel you see is getting mounted tomorrow with RE-71 tires. Just in time for the corksport cruise on the 22nd.

Attachments

• B972C811-3FF1-439C-A650-DF8460396F5B.jpeg
    B972C811-3FF1-439C-A650-DF8460396F5B.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 136
Nice wheel and color! Thanks for posting pics, looking forward to more. (y)

As for uploading, try clicking on the "Attach files" button below the post entry field/box and if the pic files are together in the same folder, you should be able to select and upload multiple at the same time. Hope that helps!

Mounted and installed!

Attachments

• D29B087A-ACB1-40AF-A8F3-0EF491C47A10.jpeg
    D29B087A-ACB1-40AF-A8F3-0EF491C47A10.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 135
  • AD61F09F-B660-4EEE-98DF-BD812106A8A6.jpeg
    AD61F09F-B660-4EEE-98DF-BD812106A8A6.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 135
Perhaps lowering that bad boy is in your future?

Attachments

• Mazda3S 2.5.jpg
    Mazda3S 2.5.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 122
Perhaps lowering that bad boy is in your future?
Corksport just released lowering springs for the turbo, but I don't think I'm going to...This car is my daily, I need the ground clearance. So unless they come out with bags or hydraulics, I'm probably going to stay with oem hight.

I guess it depends upon where you live and drive. I take speed bumps at a slight angle, just as I do driveways and have no problem. I do love the razor-sharp steering and cornering that come with a combination of lowering springs (Eibach) and shocks (Konis). Ride stiffness is a bit greater but I'm okay with it. My wheels are 10 lbs each lighter than the OEMs which help acceleration and braking.

Great choice for the R7 on your M3TS, running R7 as well on my M3TH. Had new shoes installed yesterday 18x8 but with the stock tires for now. Thread still pretty thick. Waiting for the Corksport as well, 80mm midpipe.

T
I guess it depends upon where you live and drive. I take speed bumps at a slight angle, just as I do driveways and have no problem. I do love the razor-sharp steering and cornering that come with a combination of lowering springs (Eibach) and shocks (Konis). Ride stiffness is a bit greater but I'm okay with it. My wheels are 10 lbs each lighter than the OEMs which help acceleration and braking.
To be honest, i was raised in a redneck/hellbilly family and town. So lowering a car has never existed in my vocabulary... im on the fence with it. It really depends on how these new re71 tires do in the canyon. What id like to do is test out a like car that has been lowered to feel the diff in handling. The 3 is already fairly capable in the twisties

Great choice for the R7 on your M3TS, running R7 as well on my M3TH. Had new shoes installed yesterday 18x8 but with the stock tires for now. Thread still pretty thick. Waiting for the Corksport as well, 80mm midpipe.
What firmware are you running in the R7? Where/how did you mount it? Im thinking of mounting mine just to the left of the windshield sensor box, and either tapping into the rain sensor for power or running line down to the fuse box. I highly recommend burning those turanzas... they are a truly the worst combination to put on our cars! Im trying to run the tread down asafp so i can buy an all season that actually performs well.

p.s. sorry for hammering you with questions haha

@Havokk
I am running FW .115 The latest firmware does have more added features but the K and MRCD falsing is too much for my liking. I didn't do a hardwire but here is my install Front USB for your non-hardwire Dashcam or Radar Detector install
im in the rdforums and it looks like firmware 1.37 has improved greatly on k falses so long as you tune the horn down somewhere between 30-60%. MRCD isint an issue for my region, but i hear it helps with BSM falses.

Back