Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Thread cleaned and reopened. A reminder, in addition to what @sm1ke stated...Being judgmental, critical and or confrontational can be considered trolling which is a clear violation of our rules. We take these violations very seriously. Those Members that have caused this recent incident have been warned.

Now let’s restore this thread to its original on topic and friendly state, thank you.

Last edited:
Just installed my new hood struts that arrived Thursday from Russia. The kit was recommended by @Sushi-N-Sake on this thread. Looks like the kit is slightly different for my 2019 as it required no cutting of rubber.

First part was super easy, requiring the install of two plates into which are screwed the mounting points. Just had to loosen two bolts around the strut, slide the plate underneath and tighten again. The left side plate is shown in the image below.

View attachment 298296

Then, the hard part, installing the mounting points in the hood. A long angled wrench is included which is designed to hold a rectangular nut which is held inside the hood by the provided wrench using a little tension on the rectangular nut. First one went on easily, but on the second side, the nut fell out of the wrench and tumbled down inside the hood to the bottom of the open hood near the windshield. About 20 minutes later with the help of a coat hanger, a small magnet and some electrical tape to hold the two together, I was able to fish around thru the hole closest to where the nut fell and snagged the nut with the magnet.

The second time, I put some tape of the edges of the nut and onto the wrench so the nut wouldn't fall out until I tugged on the wrench. Easy peasy this time. Right side hood mount shown in the next image.

View attachment 298297

Both installed struts shown in the next image. Hood is super easy to open and will go on its own after the first 30-40% or so. Easy to pull down with two fingers. This is a nicely made kit.

It took about 3-4 weeks to arrive.

View attachment 298298
Can you provide a link for this kit?

Can you provide a link for this kit?
They all mount slightly different, some through an empty hole on the inside fender wall. Lots of similar models. Search cx-5 hood strut or cx-5 hood damper. The Sokietech seems to be a favorite with the Miata crowd.

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Can you provide the link?
These are the one I bought:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B083DRLLXM/

I originally ordered some from Aliexpress, but they were really bulky. These one are very slim and doesn't protrude out to the side too much. No CX-5 logos on the visor though like the ones from aliexpress.

I didn't install the clips that come with it mostly because I didn't notice they were in there until I installed a couple of them. I've had the visors on for over one month and they are still holding on strong.

I originally ordered some from Aliexpress, but they were really bulky. These one are very slim and doesn't protrude out to the side too much. No CX-5 logos on the visor though like the ones from aliexpress.

I didn't install the clips that come with it mostly because I didn't notice they were in there until I installed a couple of them. I've had the visors on for over one month and they are still holding on strong.
Thanks for the info...

Just finished the DIY interior LEDs with BLE connected.
2021-06-05_12-20-09.jpg

LASFIT LED turn signal bulbs in my 2014. They have built in resistors so no quick flashing and no separate resistors required. And HOLY CRAP they are bright!

Update on these visors I bought.

This week the temperatures got up to 38c (100f) and one of the visors started to melt and warp. Amazon was really helpful and allowed me to return even though it is outside my return window.

I'm hoping to find another set that has the mazda logo on it. Any recommendations?

This week the temperatures got up to 38c (100f) and one of the visors started to melt and warp. Amazon was really helpful and allowed me to return even though it is outside my return window.

I'm hoping to find another set that has the mazda logo on it. Any recommendations?
Uff, here in Texas having 100* is common for days. I ordered a set but based on what your experience with them, most likely will return for a refund. Guess you get what you pay for... Thanks for the update.

You could try to get the mazda oem ones for gen2 CX-5, the part no is...

(KL2F-V3-700)

Removed and replaced my mirror caps with Mazda oem black mirror caps.

Very nice. How hard were they to remove and replace? And if you don't mind me asking where did you get the oem caps from? I've been wanting to do the same for a while now.

Very nice. How hard were they to remove and replace? And if you don't mind me asking where did you get the oem caps from? I've been wanting to do the same for a while now.

Added oem black mirror caps to my white 17. These are not just plain black. They match the black oem paint so there are metallic flakes in it. Just popped off the old cap and slapped these in. Took 10 minutes.

to remove them i used plastic panel removal tools.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

i used this youtube video.

part numbers in receipt.

Attachments

• IMG_6636.jpeg
    IMG_6636.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_6638.jpeg
    IMG_6638.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_6637.jpeg
    IMG_6637.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 201