2021 Vs. 2019-2020 CX-9

Sm1ke I think you were spot on earlier, they will do some sort of touch up paint then buff it out to make it flush with other paint, then do a full wax job. Just got this reply:

"Hi there,
It looks like the detail department will buff out the scratches for you.
I just had it approved to be buffed out and touched up."

Since these are minor scratches I'll be happy they are fixed. I did tell her simply buffing scratches won't work as they go down to black plastic, will need some sort of minor paint there first.

Monday 22nd is the date, will finally be able to post pics here lol.

As long as the repair isn't that noticeable, you should be good to go.

It's been a bit of an ordeal, but we all know it'll be worth it in the end! :)

As long as the repair isn't that noticeable, you should be good to go.

It's been a bit of an ordeal, but we all know it'll be worth it in the end! :)

I am explaining to my wife the situation and she is like OMG they are tiny scratches stop stressing. LOL

Got the final reply from my customer relations person who finalized appt at 8am. I have to drop it off at their Detail/bodyshop place next to dealership and she set up a meeting with the detail manager who will go over the re-detail process and go over scratches with me.

I'm set guys. Thanks for calming my nerves and helpful advice.

Here is a quick pic pre detail. :) Told my wife she now gets the 2019 Tahoe there and the CX9 is now mine. Lol

Attachments

• 20210210_111757.jpg
    20210210_111757.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 206
I REALLY like the color! You just don’t see it in my neck of the woods.

My wife just took it out on a nice joy ride while I watched the kiddos. Said she'll be back in 15 minutes...turned out to be 1 hour lol.

She said she loves the color, gives off a nice hue at dusk.

I'll post some better pics once it's done at the dealer and waxed up.

Looks really nice. Each time, the silver has been at the top of my list but it is a hard to fin color! Guys are lucky!

Guys quick question. So dealer said no prepayment penalty but there is some fine print on the back about prepaying. Am I reading this right about being charged for prepaying?

Attachments

• 161309616881329085118638725824.jpg
    161309616881329085118638725824.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 156
What's throwing me off is "You must pay the earned and UNPAID part of the finance charge"

Well if I pay this off right immediately as was my original plan, when they send me my paperwork, say its 30 days from now. The unpaid part of the finance charge (interest for loan amount) is $1,400 per my finance contract. This is total interest I would pay if I kept loan for 5 years. So they expect me to pay the $1,400 along with principle due?

What's throwing me off is "You must pay the earned and UNPAID part of the finance charge"

Well if I pay this off right immediately as was my original plan, when they send me my paperwork, say its 30 days from now. The unpaid part of the finance charge (interest for loan amount) is $1,400 per my finance contract. This is total interest I would pay if I kept loan for 5 years. So they expect me to pay the $1,400 along with principle due?
By the looks of it, it’s only $75 penalty plus any finance charge earned or “interest” say if you paid the balance in full after 30 days then you pay the interest for the 30-day period plus the $75. That’s not bad at all...

Last edited:
By the looks of it, it’s only $75 penalty plus any earned finance charge earned or “interest” say if you paid the balance in full after 30 days then you pay the interest for the 30-day period plus the $75. That’s not bad at all...

Ahhhh ok I see what your saying. I was thinking that same thing after I posted but that phrase "earned AND unpaid" thru me off. But what you posted makes much more sense.

I also checked the credit union's website that approved me and under their FAQ it says they never charge a prepayment penalty but we'll have to see once I pay this off. Thanks for the reply really calmed me down a bit lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210211-200713_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210211-200713_Gallery.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 167
Ahhhh ok I see what your saying. I was thinking that same thing after I posted but that phrase "earned AND unpaid" thru me off. But what you posted makes much more sense.

I also checked the credit union's website that approved me and under their FAQ it says they never charge a prepayment penalty but we'll have to see once I pay this off. Thanks for the reply really calmed me down a bit lol.
Doesn’t hurt to ask the finance Mngr at dealership prior to signing docs like these and even if they explain it properly, ask them where it states in the document so you’re clear. Sometimes they try to get away with those fine prints...coz once you sign the dotted line, that’s it you’re on the hook. Your dealership likely got an incentive from the credit union hence why they offered you to take the finance route vs cash but can’t blame them - I think they get something like $300-500 back as a kick back depending on the bank and amount financed.

Been hitting up a few dealers for feelers just to get an idea.

2021 GT FWD we like with an MSRP of $43,500 and a few dealers are offering them for $38,500. I wonder if there is any wiggle room there to go even lower.
Thanks for sharing data point. May I know your City and State?

Thanks for sharing data point. May I know your City and State?

Morning. Bay area California here. I used Fremont Mazda to get a FWD 2021 cx9 down to $37,961 with no incentives as I am not military or have another Mazda that I own. I ended up with a different color and AWD at another dealer in the end tho.

Installed the tuxmats today and checked the tire pressure because it was riding a little harsh. Of course, PDI didn't adjust tire pressure at dealer, was sitting around 45psi. Adjusted all 4 down to 34, rides silky smooth now.

If you got the cash and the interest rate on the car is really low, you might as well invest the cash in the meantime (in something not too risky) and draw from it to make the payments. That only works if the interest rate on the car is low, because you have to take into account that you will be taxed on the profit you make from the investment. That’s what i would do if my car loan was at 0.9% and i had the cash balance in the bank.

If you got the cash and the interest rate on the car is really low, you might as well invest the cash in the meantime (in something not too risky) and draw from it to make the payments. That only works if the interest rate on the car is low, because you have to take into account that you will be taxed on the profit you make from the investment. That’s what i would do if my car loan was at 0.9% and i had the cash balance in the bank.

I was thinking this too until my approval came back at 2.9% credit union financing. If I pay it over the life of the loan it's $1,800 paid in interest. I could probably still come out ahead investing and paying down but my wife said screw it just pay it off lol.

Alright, got the CX9 back. They took care of it, full clay job as there was a lot of rail dust and rough areas on paint from transportation. Then polished and sealed paint. Looks good!

Scratches they did work on, buffed and touched it up with touch up paint. Looks good enough for my wife to approve of since it is going to be her vehicle. They also gave me a free touch up pen.

Now we fully enjoy it and wait for the kids to put the first scratch or ding in it. 😄

Attachments

• 20210222_171452.jpg
    20210222_171452.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 20210222_171606.jpg
    20210222_171606.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 20210222_173215.jpg
    20210222_173215.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Alright, got the CX9 back. They took care of it, full clay job as there was a lot of rail dust and rough areas on paint from transportation. Then polished and sealed paint. Looks good!

Scratches they did work on, buffed and touched it up with touch up paint. Looks good enough for my wife to approve of since it is going to be her vehicle. They also gave me a free touch up pen.

Now we fully enjoy it and wait for the kids to put the first scratch or ding in it. 😄
Very nice!

Forgot to mention, they gave me a 2020 Soul red CX5 as a loaner for the day. It drove nice but something about the CX9 has a more premium feel. Tho they did give me a base model CX5 so that may be it lol

Had fun zipping around in the CX5 but couldn't wait to get back in our CX9.

Back