Warning signs after battery replacement

:
16 CX-5 KE, 18 KF
Greetings Mazda247! I own a 2016 CX-5 CBU unit and I've just got my battery replaced. After replacing the battery, the following warning guidance is shown. I took it for a short drive which i think it may reset by itself but all the warning still shown. Everything runs normally and everytime I manage to start up in 1 kick. So I'm seeking help from you guys if there's anyway to solve this issues? Thanks in advance!

IMG_20200401_144911.jpg
IMG_20200331_162326.jpg
PS: The nearest dealer is about 3hrs drive from my area, so that will be my last option.

Very strange. I think you might have to go thru some kind of elaborate reset procedure by pulling various fuses.

It sounds similar to another recent problem.

You might want to read this recent thread. I don’t recall the resolution but it might eliminate some issues if nothing else.

You might want to read this recent thread. I don’t recall the resolution but it might eliminate some issues if nothing else.

I will take a look on the following thread, thanks!

What kind of battery did you put?
I'm using NS60. I'm aware that for i-stop model I'm suppose to use Q85 battery. I'm previously using NS60 as well after my factory battery dead. I've installed a i-stop disabled module and also contacted my service centre about using NS60 instead of Q85 which they said no problem for that.

Thank you all so much for the replies! I've been told by someone to take a drive about 30km-50km and let the car rest for 30mins(By rest means stop engine, key away from car at least 5meters), to see if the system will reset itself. Because sometime those code appear is just a false alarm after replacing battery. Just wanted to know opinions from you guys if this method is plausible, thanks!

Had the battery changed at the dealer, for probably $20-30 more than me doing it myself [also used $10 off coupon...yep, ten whole dollars.]

The first warning sign I saw after the change said "Dip". I didn't take the sign too personally.

Hope you get your issue sorted.

I changed my battery a month ago with agm. Besides the auto transmission having to re-learn my driving style and resetting the auto windows function, both of which are normal when battery is disconnected, no anomalies observed.
gen2 cx5 and no i-stop

I changed my battery a month ago with agm. Besides the auto transmission having to re-learn my driving style and resetting the auto windows function, both of which are normal when battery is disconnected, no anomalies observed.
gen2 cx5 and no i-stop
What is transmission relearn?

Just curious if anyone else have any issues after battery replacement
I also just changed my battery as my factory Panasonic battery seemed to be weak whenever the morning temperature is getting lower and it can’t drive the EPB release properly with EPB warnings. I installed an OEM Mazda “High Performance” battery which is made by Interstate. It looks exactly the same as the Interstate battery sold at Costco which is much cheaper. The only difference is OEM battery uses black plastic case but Interstate uses white. I didn’t use any memory saver, and the only thing lost is 2 trip odometers been reset to “0”. All Favorites are there. And I reset the driver side one-touch open / close power window according to the owner’s manual. It’s a US model 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech, so no i-stop and i-Eloop which require special deep-cycle AGM battery.

Greetings Mazda247! I own a 2016 CX-5 CBU unit and I've just got my battery replaced. After replacing the battery, the following warning guidance is shown. I took it for a short drive which i think it may reset by itself but all the warning still shown. Everything runs normally and everytime I manage to start up in 1 kick. So I'm seeking help from you guys if there's anyway to solve this issues? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 223763View attachment 223764PS: The nearest dealer is about 3hrs drive from my area, so that will be my last option.

What is a CBU unit?

As far as I know, if you own a Mazda with i-Stop or i-Eloop, you need to use Q85 battery, which costs 3x more and needs to reprogram it. Some owners were brave enough to DIY. Some went thru without drama, but others saw ERRORs on the dash.

BTW, dealers near me wanted $500 for a Q85 battery replacement of my '16 Mazda6 GT with i-Eloop. I negotiated it down to $0 (with dealer's special cash fund) since I own 3 Mazdas (and sold one before them). My service advisor called his big boss to get approval. I gave him a satisfaction rating of 10 afterwards. Why not.

auto transmisson adjusts over time to your car driving style, rpms changes, etc.
I believe you are referring to Active Adaptive Shift Control. It's not that smart from my understanding. When the descriptive blurbs say it adapts to your driving style I believe it means at that moment, together with road conditions. In other words I don't think it builds a stored profile of you or the composite of two, three or four of you in a family who might be driving the car.

After over 1,000+ miles of ownership I detect no change in shift points.

I'd like to hear others comment on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back